˗ˋ 12

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter twelve ─── ʚĭɞ━━ tw!! this chapter contains heavyimplications of self harm

━━ tw!! this chapter contains heavy
implications of self harm

╰                                                               ╯

Twenty minutes later and Miyeon could hear a low mumble of voices outside her room

Twenty minutes later and Miyeon could hear a low mumble of voices outside her room. The lock clicked, unlocked from the outside. "I'll take it from here, for now." She heard, and the door closed once again, and the sound of hurried footsteps came over to the bathroom.

Seojun had gotten there as quickly has he could, alerted Eunjoo by appearing by the kitchen window and managing to sneak past Yujin, who, in her drunken state, hadn't noticed at all. Eunjoo had unlocked the Hwang girl's door and Seojun had gone in alone, entering the bathroom and seeing his ex best friend curled up in a corner, knees pulled to chest and head resting on knees.

Seeing the glint of silver, Seojun quickly grabbed them and shoved them into his pocket before turning to the girl, sitting next to her. "Hwang Miyeon." He said gently, the only reply being a whimper.

There might have been a strong sense of hate there for her, something he hadn't just gotten over like that. But he had gotten this awful feeling, and despite that hatred being there, he couldn't ignore it and so had called her. The feeling had been right, to his horror.

"Hey.. hey, come here." He said, wrapping her arms around her shoulders, hugging her. Her breath stitled, Miyeon finally looked up, and Seojun let out a sigh, his thumb wiping away a stray tear, reaching for some tissue paper and carefully wiping her tears away.

He got up, Miyeon silently watching him as he drenched one of her face cloths in cold water, twisting the excess liquid out of it before crouching beside her, holding her chin up as he gently patted her face.

"Come on." He said quietly, placing the cloth in the sink as he helped Miyeon to her feet, walking her out of the bathroom and over to her bed. She was still in her uniform, and she shrugged off her blazer as she sat on her bed, Seojun pulling the covers around her legs, sitting on the edge of the mattress.

She sat there for a couple of minutes staring down at the duvet cover, hands clasped in front of her, thumb running against the top of her palm. "How did you know?" She asked quietly.

"I just had a feeling. I thought I would just call you and find out." Whilst Seojun's words hadn't resumed the same tone as he had whilst in the bathroom, it didn't have the harsh quality to it that it usually did.

"Thank you." Miyeon replied. "This doesn't make us friends, if you're worried about that. You just so happened to have a feeling."

"If you say so." Seojun nodded. "You didn't answer my question earlier. It's because you had thought of it, hadn't you?" Miyeon's silence only confirmed this. "Since you came back to Seoul?"

Miyeon nodded. "I was fine earlier and I suppose it was just impulsive. I just had this urge and it didn't go.. but I was actually walking around that area so I didn't come home and just end up.. but I did, and my mom was there. She's drunk, if you didn't notice. She knew that we all weren't friends when I left, and purposefully re-enrolled me at Saebom High. Her and Dad brought me back to Seoul just so they thought they didn't fail as parents."

She scoffed, shaking her head, sniffing and wiping her eyes. "It's whatever though, anything to give them a little bit of power. They couldn't have even waited a couple more months for the anniversary to pass peacefully for you."

"I don't think it will do with Suho." Seojun said. "It's not your fault you came back. I believe you on that one."

"I think I should go to sleep." Miyeon suggested. "I think the ladder was moved from my balcony some time ago, so you might want to find another way of escaping." She said. Seojun might believe that it wasn't her fault she returned, but that was it. It was a small victory for her.

Seojun nodded, standing up and making his way over to the door onto the small balcony that was attached to her room, pulling open the doors and peering over the edge. "I think Eunjoo moved it back." He said, leaning on the doorway, watching as Miyeon slid out from under her covers, shivering from the cold air as she walked over to her closet.

"Hwang Miyeon." He said, and the girl turned around. "If you have any more thoughts about it, let me know. I might not be your friend but I can still help like before."

And with that, Seojun pulled the doors of the balcony closed, leaving Miyeon feeling a little bit better than before. He carefully climbed down the ladder, making his way back over to his motorbike and left the property, needing to find somewhere to throw out the metal in his pocket.

He might still feel hate in his heart, but he would never, he could never just stand by if someone was in trouble. Whether he hated them or not.

 Whether he hated them or not