˗ˋ 79

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

╭ ╮
━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

! chapter seventy-nine ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

Miyeon turned the corner, one hand reaching for the light switch and the other keeping her phone up to her ear

Jugyeong was relaying the tale of her date to the Hwang girl, who was rather looking forward to hearing it - and then hearing Suho's version of the day.

That seemed to be rather interesting to Miyeon for whatever reason. Hearing two versions of the same day, two opinions on one thing, and hearing just how similar feelings and the recounts were.

And so that process started with Jugyeong. Suho had walked her to her door, which meant that he would be getting home soon, and this would have to be quick.

Jugyeong seemed to understand this quickly, and promised to go into more detail when there was time. But in the time she had, Jugyeong managed to tell Miyeon just how much fun she had, how they were almost caught by Hyunkyu and how she had met Selena, a makeup artist who was her inspiration.

"Ah, it sounds like it was a success then?" Miyeon asked after an only slightly breathless Jugyeong finished her brief summary of the events. "I'm so happy for you, Im Ju, you really deserve to have a boyfriend who is good to you."

Miyeon sat up from her position from the sofa, where she had found herself after turning on the lights and putting her bag down. Her lap was covered by a thin blanket, and on top of that one of the cushions, Miyeon's now free hand falling to it.

The sound of the front door opening had echoed through the apartment, breaking the silence that had come of the pause after Miyeon's words. Twisting around in her seat, she looked up to see Suho closing the door, kicking off his shoes and looking over at her.

"Was that the door I heard?" Jugyeong asked, and at the sound of her voice, Suho's head shot towards the sofa, moving quickly to sit down next to Miyeon.

"Yeah it was." Miyeon confirmed, eyes flickering over to Suho, taking in his generally angry appearance. "Ju - I'm going to go, but promise you'll tell me more?" Miyeon asked.

Jugyeong promised, and moments later she was hanging up the phone, Miyeon crossing her legs underneath her as she turned to Suho. "So what's up with you, Jugyeong said your date went well so why do you look so angry?"

"Did he come in here? Why was he here?" Suho began, and Miyeon frowned. "I have no problem you being friends with him... but I'm not comfortable with him coming in here."

"Oh..." The confusion fizzled out. It made sense - why would you want a person who hated you inside of your house. "No - no don't worry." Miyeon quickly said. "He just walked me up to the door."

"Good.. sorry - I just don't like the idea of it." Suho seemed to be dealing with even the thought of it harshly, and Miyeon quickly reassured him that he hadn't been inside.

"I didn't realise you were going to be back so quickly after Jugyeong called." Miyeon began to lighten the mood, turning the conversation away from Suho's discomfort at having Seojun in his house. "Did the date go well? Ju sounded like she had a good time."

"Of course I enjoyed it." Suho said, but Miyeon's eyes narrowed at his choice of words. "It's just.. I understand why she wants to keep it a secret, I just didn't know it would be to that extent."

"Was it a lot?" Miyeon asked, drinking in the information so that she would be able to draw her conclusions from it all.

"Yeah - we bumped into some people at school and.. Well I hid under a table." Suho shrugged, his expression turning happy as a smile formed on his lips. "But I don't mind. I enjoyed it all."

"So you both have a good time." Miyeon nodded, and it seemed that Suho was just as happy with this news as she was.

"What did you do with Seojun today?" Suho questioned, sitting back in his chair. "I'm not particularly interested in him - but it's good to know that you're having a better time than you were."

"You can say that again." Miyeon nodded, a sigh leaving her lips as she turned to Suho. "I have something to admit, about what I did today."

The Lee boy said nothing, face void of any emotion, practically a blank canvas. His silence urged her to continue, and Miyeon took a deep breath.

"Suho.. today me and Seojun went to look at apartments - for me. So I can leave you be." Miyeon told him.

"Oh." Suho said, face still blank of emotion. "Well.." He trailed off, and Miyeon knew he was struggling. She had been right, and he did enjoy the company. "That's good.. you can't stay here forever even if I didn't mind it.. you'll get a bad back."

"Nothing's for certain just yet, I'm still sorting things out." Miyeon shrugged. "So you're luckily going to have me as a roommate for a little longer."

It was up to Hwang Sangwon to decide.