˗ˋ 41

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter forty-one ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

Miyeon didn't stop running away from her school until she was a good distance away, and it seemed that there were no more tears

Miyeon didn't stop running away from her school until she was a good distance away, and it seemed that there were no more tears. Her breath kept catching in her throat and she had to slow down, finally coming to a halt on a pathway next to a park.

Feeling weak, she slumped down on one of the benches, wrapping her arms around her torso and rocking herself back and forth, sniffing and trying to wipe her eyes.

She had never planned on her confronting Seojun to be so loud or confrontational, but hearing the song that the guy on the stage was singing for Seyeon just brought so many emotions to the front.

And quite possibly - in fact it was certain - that if she hadn't bumped into Seojun as she was turning the corner, there was no way that it had happened.

Miyeon hoped it made him realise that despite the hurt and pain that he was feeling from Seyeon's death, that there was even the slightest possibility that her and Suho were telling the truth when they told him that they weren't responsible for it.

But perhaps there was a way that it could've gone that was more.. civalised. Less tears and outbursts, actually letting him say something. But she didn't regret it, she knew that it was something that needed to come up sooner or later.

"Ah.." She sighed, sitting up and wiping her eyes, patting her face with her sleeve. Miyeon was pretty sure her mother would be home that night, and whilst she could easily stay somewhere other than her home the previous night as her house was empty, it wouldn't be so simple tonight.

Taking deep breaths, she managed to stand up once more, despite her shaking legs. Quietly, breath catching in her throat and making her hiccup, she found her way to a public bathroom.

Washing her face in cold water several times, shivering as a droplet trailed down her arm and dampened her sleeve, Miyeon found herself finally calming down, breathing regulating and loosing the red in her face.

Feeling quite a bit better, the Hwang girl began to walk home, dragging her feet along the pavement. Reaching a bus stop, she boarded her bus and sat silently until she got off, walking along the quiet streets until she approached the cold building she called home.

Lights were on within it, confirming her thoughts that her mother - or at least someone - was home. Pushing the front door open, the house held it's usual silence. Kicking off her shoes and pulling on slippers, Miyeon gripped her bag rather tightly as she approached the kitchen, the only place where she could hear any sign of life from.

Turning the corner, her eyes widened as she saw her father sat at the table, a couple of empty bottles of soju beside him. He was slumped against the glass table, and with no sign of her mother, she approached him.

"Dad?" She asked, shaking his shoulder. He mumbled something, before slumping down again. Miyeon had barely seen her father, and whilst she had never been close to either of her parents, her relationship with her father was far better than it with her mother.

And since that breakfast she had with him on her first day back to school, she had barely seen him, all her family time taken up by her pyschopath mother informing her of all these rules that they had supposedly agreed on.

Silently, she draped a blanket across his shoulders before walking up the stairs, pushing the door to her room open and halting in her tracks. "Han Seojun what the fuck are you doing on my balcony?" Miyeon asked eyes wide.

"What do you think?" Seojun replied, hoping off of the wall and walking inside the doors. "You should really keep these locked." He swung one of them back and forth before leaving it open, leaning on the door frame.

"I have absolutely no idea, care to explain?" Miyeon threw her bag on her bed, sitting on the edge and folding her arms, staring up at him. "Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?"

"Yeah.. well-" Seojun began, before stopping and frowning. "What was I suppose to think? You crash into me and crying and all upset and everything."

"Isn't it perfectly clear why I was upset? Do you want me to repeat it?" Miyeon stood up, walking over to him. "I can repeat it quite easily, speak a little louder this time? Was that the problem, couldn't hear me."

"I was worried." Seojun replied, his tone returning to it's usual snarkiness, as if everyone could understand what he was thinking or feeling. "Last time I saw you this upset.. well.." He trailed off again.

Miyeon knew what he was talking about, but still didn't react to it, instead unfolding her arms and pushing him slightly back out onto the alleyway. "Seojun, let me repeat it for you. Leave. Me. Alone. Whether you worry or not."

"You know I won't do that." Seojun replied, and Miyeon rolled her eyes.

"At least listen to me for five minutes? Just go home, I can't deal with this right now." And with that, Miyeon closed the door, a sigh leaving her lips as she collapsed down onto her bed, staring up at her ceiling.

She had no idea what she was going to do, but ignoring him for a while seemed to be her best and only plan.