˗ˋ 56

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter fifty-six ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

Miyeon sat quietly, tucked up in the corner of a cab. She had called Suho - having decided mid-meltdown that he would be better for dealing with family breakdowns than Seojun.

And within fifteen minutes, Suho had arrived at the street of the address she said, stopping the car by her. She had gotten into the cab, and they had sat off.

Since the journey together had began, a awkward silence had fallen over them all, the only sound being the quiet radio playing in the front.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted anything." Miyeon finally spoke up, glancing across at her once best friend. "I just.. I feel like Seojun wouldn't be too happy if I call him every time I'm in some sort of trouble. And I get the feeling he wouldn't appreciate me calling him, after what happened last time her got a call from me."

"How are you, after all that. I know Jugyeong was rather shaken up from it." Suho looked over at her, watching as the girl twisted a bracelet around her wrist, pausing as he recognised it. "He gave you it back?"

"Hm?" Miyeon looked up at him and followed his gaze down to the bracelet on her wrist. "Oh.. yes. I had a sort of moment and he helped me and gave me it to fiddle with."

"You had a moment?" Suho repeated, watching as the bracelet twisted around her wrist, realisation flooding into his eyes. "He always worried about that."

"Another reason why he wouldn't appreciate a call from me almost in tears. I don't want to worry him anymore. Have you had a good chance to talk to him yet? Or are you still fighting like absolute idiots?" Miyeon seemed to have perked up since the conversation turned away from her upset.

"Hwang Miyeon, you talk too much." Suho said, Miyeon pouting and looking away from him. "I would've thought you two would've made up by now."

"I haven't told him, if that's what you're saying. And I'm not planning on doing so until I'm completely ready." Miyeon replied. "And did I interrupt something? I'm really sorry if I did." She repeated.

"No, I was just dropping someone off at home." Suho told her, and the girl moved slightly in her seat so she was properly facing him, eyebrows raised.

"Jugyeong?"

"How- yes.." Suho nodded slowly, eyes narrowing as he watched her.

"I know, by the way. I saw the ID in her wallet." Miyeon admitted, and Suho froze. "She knows that I know, and it's changed nothing for either of us. I would've thought that you knew me well enough to understand that about me."

"I did - I do." Suho nodded. "I just didn't expect it, I suppose." The cab pulled up outside of the white stone house, and Miyeon looked over to him. "I thought you wouldn't want to go back to your house?"

"I don't." Miyeon confirmed, a small smile on her face as she got out of the cab, Suho doing the same and the pair thanked the cab driver, before heading inside. "Well this place hasn't changed." Miyeon pulled off her shoes and Suho turned on the lights, making her way into the living area.

Passing the ceiling-high picture of the fish and the sea, Miyeon looked around, just to make sure nothing had truly changed. It hadn't, it was still the exact same kitchen, same long, empty table and leather sofa. Her eyes brushed over door shut by an electronic lock, looking back at Suho, who was in the kitchen, looking in the refrigerator.

"I'll order pizza." He said, watching as she placed her bag down on the sofa, sitting down beside it. "I'll get you some clothes to change into."

"Oh - no, no. It's fine, don't worry." Miyeon quickly said, sitting back up quickly. It had used to be a common scenario, Miyeon ending up at Suho's house. But she had rarely stayed overnight. This time seemed to be one of the times that Suho was the one trying to convince her stay, as the Hwang girl watched as the boy moved through the corridor, hurrying after him.

"Here, I think these are some of the ones you used to wear." He exited his closet, having dug around in some of the bottom draws and pulling out a shirt and sweatpants. Miyeon thanked him, slipping into the bathroom to shower and change.

Heading back out, she moved through into the living area to find Suho waiting with the pizza already there. "Is it alright if I ask what happened?" The Lee boy asked, as Miyeon sat down, reaching for a slice of the piza.

"Well.. I think my mom is having an affair." Miyeon began, Suho taking a rather halting breath in at the admittance. "And I think it's with the investor that I was dragged out to. It makes sense as well, she's been going missing for days, seems more controlling than usual."

"And your dad?" Suho asked, Miyeon only shrugging and curling up slightly, pulling her legs to her chest, finishing her slice of pizza.

"I don't know. I think he knows that she's distant.." She trailed off, recounting the various times she had actually seen her dad. "He was drinking the other night, all alone - and he might be strict, but I just feel so bad."

Tears burnt in the corner of her eyes, and she wiped them quickly, Suho moving over and quite unexpectedly hugging her, like he would have done before she went to New York.

It seemed to be a reoccurring pattern, Miyeon arguing with her parents, being rescued by her two best friends - the third one missing. And she could only hope that it didn't end up with her returning to the city she had only just left.

 And she could only hope that it didn't end up with her returning to the city she had only just left