˗ˋ 84

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

╭ ╮
━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

! chapter eighty-four ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

╰                                                               ╯

"I decided on putting down trainee." Miyeon shrugged, walking alongside Soojin and Sooa back to the classroom, blue and white letterman jacket pulled over her shoulders. "There really is nothing else I want to do, even if it ended so badly last time."

"If you're passionate about it, then you should go for it." Soojin smiled, sounding almost entirely supportive. Sooa and Miyeon glanced each other, eyebrows raised as they waited for the word that usually followed something like that. "But.." Soojin began again, and Sooa and Miyeon nodded, having expected it. "You should have a backup plan."

"Our Miyeon doesn't need a backup plan." Sooa moved her coat over to her other arm, squeezing Miyeon in a side hug. "She's incredibly talented, I just know she'll succeed."

"If you keep telling me that then my ego will just get bigger and I won't be as nice." Miyeon frowned. "But thank you." She smiled as they approached the classroom. "However, Soojin has the right idea. I should come up with something to help me."

They entered through the doorway, Soojin and Sooa first, with Miyeon following after them, the smile on her face fading as she saw Jugyeong once again asleep at her desk.

"Seriously?" Soojin asked, Sooa slipping into her seat and Miyeon leaning against the one beside it, frowning at her best friend's slumped form. "Why has she been sleeping all day?"

"She stayed up late looking for a part time job." Sooa explained, smiling down at Jugyeong as she folded her jacket, balancing on the back of her chair.

"What, a part time job?" Miyeon asked, sitting forward. "Why didn't she tell me? I would've helped her - I know loads of people who could be hiring."

"Gosh, she must be tired." Soojin was smiling as she stood up from the desk she was leaning on, moving forward to Jugyeong and peering over her, reaching and moving over a curl of hair that had fallen over her shoulder and obscured her face.

And then she froze.

Miyeon's eyes flickered back to her, Sooa not having noticed the sudden lack of movement. But the Hwang girl had, and took notice of Soojin's expression, eyes narrowing as she watched.

The smile on Soojin's face had disappeared, faded away into a glare with her lips quirked into the expression one would take when smelling something horrible. Miyeon's frown only deepened, standing up in her chair and leaning over to see what Soojin was lookinng at.

Her gaze was focused on the necklace that hung around Jugyeong's neck, the swan made up of white and pink gems - the one that Suho had gotten her.

"Is something the problem?" Miyeon spoke up eventually, concerned at her friend's behaviour, wondering exactly why Soojin was reacting like this to a simple necklace. "What is it about her necklace?"

Sooa still hadn't noticed, and Soojin just shook her head once, in an almost jerky movement. But no words came out, no explanation to why exactly she had reacted in that way to the necklace.

It was easily figured out that Soojin recognised it as well, most likely having seen it or been shown it by Suho. They were best friends overall - but that didn't explain why Soojin had reacted in that way.

"Soo, Miyeon - want to go to the cafeteria first?" Sooa finally turned around, noticing how Miyeon was looking at Soojin rather strangely. But Soojin didn't reply, instead seemed to force her gaze away from Jugyeong's necklace and stalking out of the classroom.

"Did I say something?" Sooa's eyes were wide as she looked over to Miyeon, who shrugged. "How strange - I wonder if she's okay."

"Yeah.. I wonder." Miyeon mused, not sounding as concerned as Sooa, but more suspicious of why Soojin was more upset. A sudden vibration in her pocket made her jump out of her skin, and Miyeon pulled her phone out of her pocket. "Oh.. it's someone from my dad's legal team. I should go answer this."

"Legal team?" Sooa repeated, eyes even wider as Miyeon dashed out of the classroom, knowing that it was most likely someone confirming that she would in fact be attending the meeting that night to sign the contract.

She had predicted correctly, and within fifteen minutes, she had confirmed she would be attending, and also ran around the halls to find Seojun, asked him which apartment it was that was her favourite, confirmed it was the third one they saw, before running out and calling the person who had showed them around the apartment, checking if it still was available.

It was, and if all went well that night, Miyeon could be moving in by the weekend.