˗ˋ 33

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

╭ ╮
━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter thirty-three ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

The next morning the house was empty again, and Miyeon found that her mood hadn't improved

The next morning the house was empty again, and Miyeon found that her mood hadn't improved. She seemed to cheer up when she got to school, and by the time she in sports, she had a smile on her face.

The news of Suho supposedly being back on the basketball team had broke, and everyone glanced over at him - he was unfazed, and not denying it.

"Good for him." Miyeon said upon hearing the noise, peering over at the Lee boy, who hadn't even looked away from their sports.

"He must be competing in the basketball." Jugyeong said, looking over at Suho, who continued to throw and catch the ball.

"Seojun, you're quite good at basketball, right?" Hyunkyu said, looking down at Seojun, who was tossing a ball from hand to hand.

"What? Why?" The Han boy stopped, looking up Hyunkyu. "Does it seem that way?" He asked. Hyunkyu nodded. "I'm the bomb."

"Right, you are." Hyunkyu agreed. "Then why not join us and play against varsity in a match during the school festival?"

"I'll have to ask Im Jugyeong first." Seojun said, a playful tone accompanying his words as he looked over to the four girls, focused on the one in the centre. "She's the only one I listen to these days." He continued, pointing up at her.

The usual crowd was there to repeat that forever annoying phrase, and Seojun stood up.

"Im Jugyeong, would you like to see me play basketball?" He asked.

"No, not at all." Jugyeong replied, Taehoon and Hyunkyu instantly reacting badly, Seojun repeating her phrase and dropping the ball he had been holding.

Hyunkyu walked over to them, getting down on one knee. "Jugyeong, please allow it. I don't want to lose to Taehoon!" He said.

"Whatever." Jugyeong replied with a sigh. "Do what you like."

"I will, if that's what you want." Seojun nodded, Jugyeong looking more and more annoyed by the situation he had put her in by the second. Then, he turned to boy who had convinced him to give it a try. "Count me in."

"Maybe he really has feelings for you." Sooa said, as Seojun, Hyunkyu and Taehoon walked away. "No one would go this far just to get revenge."

"I don't care whether he's messing with her or not." Soojin chimed in. "He's just childish. Suho's never an easy type to read." She continued, the four of them turning round to look at the boy."Look at him playing volleyball now."

"It's handball." Sooa corrected.

Soon enough, it was time for sports to end, and Miyeon found herself walking with Jugyeong after they had changed. But then, suddenly the Im girl stopped outside a bathroom, looking horrified.

"What?" Miyeon whispered, following Jugyeong as she quietly pushed the door open. Inside were four girls, three of them clearly bullying another. She couldn't see who, but Miyeon watched as Jugyeong filled up a bucket of water as the three bullies pushed the fourth girl into the stall.

And then all of a sudden, she was throwing the water over them. They reacted instantly, one of them whining about her perm as she looked over in disbelief.

"I was only washing that foul mouth of yours!" Jugyeong shouted. Miyeon, impressed, stood back, knowing that she could handle it. "Who are you to say that about her. Which area if you're pretty on the outside, when you're so rotten on the inside?"

"A junior?" The clear leader of the three stepped forward. "Who do you think you are sticking your nose in our business?"

"Me?" Jugyeong asked, glancing over at the girl who emerged from the stall, and Miyeon stood up, recognising exactly who it was.

"Gowoon?" She whispered, and from the stall, the girl looked up, eyes widening when she saw Miyeon.

"I'm her sister." Jugyeong continued. "Now what?" Behind her, Sooa and Soojin had entered, and Gowoon dashed out.

Miyeon knew she would have to talk to her later, but as for now, she would let her be.

"Darn it." The leader said. "What's with that wench?" She rhetorically asked, and Soojin's head snapped towards her.

"What did you just say?" She asked.

"Who's this wench?" The leader repeated, and Miyeon watched, an all too satisfied smirk on her face as Soojin reacted, the leader ending with her foot far too close to her nose and stumbling back, shocked.

"I missed." Soojin said with a sigh. "If I catch you girls again, you'll be signing up for nose surgery."

And with that, the three of them left the bathroom, Miyeon splitting off from Sooa and Soojin to try and find Gowoon.

Seojun might not like her, bust as she had thought before on many occasions, just because she and him were not friends, it didn't mean that she couldn't be friends with his family.

And Miyeon knew that she had to talk to Gowoon, no matter what Seojun said.