˗ˋ 70

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

╭ ╮
━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

! chapter seventy ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

Miyeon waited politely through the next performance, before getting to her feet and moving away from the group

Miyeon waited politely through the next performance, before getting to her feet and moving away from the group. She didn't know where either of her old best friends or current best friends had gone, and she wanted to find them.

Sooa had been left with Taehoon, who seemed to be rather excited over something, returning from his trip to the bathroom.

She quickly stopped by their tent, pulling a jumper out and putting it on, heading into the woods. Despite the warmth created by the jumper, the Hwang girl wrapped her arms around her stomach, suddenly cold.

The performance had created this feeling of pure life within her, but it had faded suddenly and left her feeling quite empty. It was strange, and it didn't help that the disappearance of Suho, Jugyeong, Soojin and Seojun had taken place so soon after her performance.

It hinted, perhaps, that the first three of them had left during her performance - but Miyeon didn't necessarily mind. It was just Seojun disappearing without giving her a chance to thank him for playing, or to hear his feedback on it.

Clarity was her and Seyeon's song, Seojun had been there to witness it every step of the way, and had even created something to go along with the lyrics. She would've thought that he could wait just a moment for her to look around for him and thank him.

Rounding a corner, Miyeon's steady footsteps came to a halt, eyes drifting down to a scene below a tree, on a piece of path that jutted out from the main walkway.

Below that tree, Jugyeong was sat on a rock, crying. Seojun was crouched in front of her, back to Miyeon so she couldn't see his expression.

Jugyeong raised her hand to just beneath her collar, clawing at the material there, still crying. It was a sad scene, and Miyeon felt the happiness she had felt before sink away, not knowing why her friend was crying but wanting to fix it if she could.

The Hwang girl watched as Seojun raised his hands, almost hesitating before wiping away her tears. She felt intrusive, but she just couldn't look away from them.

On a bank below the hill from her and the others, she heard footsteps, and glancing down, Miyeon saw Suho step out, eyes instantly drawn to Seojun and Jugyeong.

The Im girl said something, before standing up and walking away in the opposite direction. Seojun made his way up onto his feet, staring after her. And of course, he turned, seeing Suho stood there.

Suho was the first to move, and Miyeon watched as he made his way last Seojun and in the direction that Jugyeong had went. The Han boy, looking dejected, made his way back to the main path, pausing at the wall and looking up, finally seeing Miyeon.

He didn't even have to study the expression on her face to know that she had seen everything, and waiting for her to walk down the hill, coming to a stop before him.

"I'm not upset I just have something in my eye." Seojun said, voice gruff and decided to ignore Miyeon's obvious attempt to hide an eye roll at the typical behaviour, settling for just shaking her head instead.

"I know you're not upset." Miyeon replied sagely, voice gently as she watched the boy in front of her. It was a lie, an obvious one. But Seojun just knew she was trying to make him feel somewhat better.

"I just like her, you know?"

The breath caught in Miyeon's throat as he said it, and she swore that she felt a tiny part of her heart break. Thoughts racing, and so unsure of her own feelings, there was only one thing that Miyeon could do.

She swallowed it, deciding in that moment that she was going to forget any of her own feelings, push them away and just forget about it, knowing it would be worse for her to continue feeling that way if all she was going to do was get hurt.

Glancing at the ground before meeting his eyes. "I know." She repeated, clearing her throat to rid it of any sudden emotion gathering there. And she did know - she had known for a while.

And so Miyeon stepped toward, rather cautiously, and hugged him. Seojun froze, mind flitting through hundreds of different conversations where he has told her that he hated her and that their friendship could never go back to where it had been.

Just like Miyeon had put aside her own feelings, knowing she couldn't be selfish, Seojun rose his arms, forcing the memories from his mind and hugged her back, the girl's head resting on his shoulder like it had so many times before.

She ignored his teary eyes as she pulled away, knowing he wouldn't want them pointed out, and taking a deep breath, Miyeon looked up at Seojun.

"Han Seojun, I think I'm ready to tell you everything."