˗ˋ 13

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

━━━ " 📂  " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

 ! chapter thirteen ─── ʚĭɞ

╰                                                               ╯

 The next morning Miyeon decided to have one of her dad's drivers to take her to school

The next morning Miyeon decided to have one of her dad's drivers to take her to school. She didn't feel like getting on a bus and all she could hear was boys whispering about her looks, and instead decided that accepting her father's help for just one day was better than enduring that.

"You didn't go on the bus today?" Miyeon asked as she walked into the classroom, seeing Jugyeong sat in her seat - knowing that there was no way she could've gotten there that early if she had taken the bus.

"Neither did you?" Jugyeong replied, as Miyeon sat in Sooa's seat, elbows resting on the Jugyeong's table. "Your eyes are all puffy - are you alright?"

"I'll be fine. But you didn't take the bus today?" Miyeon glanced up the Im girl. "Neither of us will have missed anything much."

Jugyeong nodded. "I'm sorry about my mom last night, then kicking you out. I wasn't expecting to have to meet up with someone last night."

"Oh it's fine." Miyeon replied with a shrug, looking over towards the windows as she sensed someone looking at her - Suho. She ignored him, continuing the conversation with Jugyeong until it was time for school to begin, and she moved to her seat at the back of the class.

Seojun was already sat in his seat, slouching as usual with his arm balanced on the desk, head resting on them. He looked up as Miyeon dropped her bag, sitting up completely when he saw her.

"I need to talk to you before next lesson." He hissed, and Miyeon faltered, freezing as she was digging something out of her bag. She didn't say anything, continuing to pull the book out and placing it on her desk. "Don't pretend like you don't hear me."

"Oh I heard you." Miyeon said, turning to him. "We can talk, afterwards." Seojun sighed, looking annoyed and about to say something else, but he didn't, and just turned away.

They didn't get a chance to talk afterwards, and soon enough their lesson had turned to History. "The two important points about the economy in the early days of the Joseon Dynasty are the tax system and the land system." The teacher said, Miyeon not exactly paying attention and trying to distract herself by playing with the sleeves of her jumper.

It was so boring, and it seemed to just drag on and on. The only interesting part was when Jugyeong suddenly jumped up and disappeared from the classroom, right at the end of the lesson.

"Hwang Miyeon!" Sooa shouted as the teacher left, beckoning her over. Miyeon stood up, about to go when she felt someone grab her wrist. She turned to see Seojun, and felt rather aware of those watching as Seojun dragged her out of the classroom, down the hallway and into a quieter corridor. 

"How are you?" He asked, looking rather concerned. "I left too quickly I should've stayed, just until you were asleep."

"No need to panic, I changed and went to sleep straight away like I said." Miyeon replied, glancing around. "Your threw it away.. didn't you?" She asked, voice lowered.

"As soon as I could do." Seojun nodded, before digging in his pockets, pulling out something that made Miyeon freeze as her eyes landed on it.

It was a bracelet, a thin chain with a rose quartz heart and key charm. But it wasn't just any bracelet - it was one of Miyeon's old gifts from Seojun and Seyeon.

"I thought you would've thrown it away." Miyeon said, staring at it. "I gave it back to you before I left - why would you keep it?"

"We saved up to get it." Seojun shrugged, not saying much more of an explanation. "It's been sat in my drawer for a year, but I remember when you were recovering from before you always fiddled with it, it kept your hands busy."

"It did.. thank you." Miyeon smiled, the first time Seojun had actually seen anything like that towards him, and he grabbed her wrist, lifting her hand up with it's palm facing out, dropping the thin chain down onto it.

"No problem." Seojun began to walk away, but stopped, turning back around. "If you ever feel like it again, call me."

Miyeon nodded, attaching the bracelet around her wrist before returning to the classroom. "What was that about?" Soojin asked. "Was he being a jerk again?"

"No, it's nothing." Miyeon quickly said, shaking her head. "You don't have to worry at all, everything's fine. But where did Jugyeong-" She was about to ask why Jugyeong had ran off, not entirely listening to her reasoning when she excused herself, but the girl has ran in and over to Suho's desk, putting something down.

"Is there something going on?" Sooa asked, the three of them watching Jugyeong and Suho talk - well, mainly Jugyeong talking, he just seemed to listen.

It wasn't the first of odd occurrences with Jugyeong that day. It seemed that Suho had her running errands for him, but nobody other than them would know why. Soojin investigated, but didn't get any answers.

"If he's opening up to someone else then that's good.." Miyeon mumbled to herself as she trailed back to her seat, sighing as she reached for the bracelet, fiddling with the charm and swirling it around her wrist as the next class began.

And somehow, she felt better than before.