˗ˋ 61

╭                                                                 ╮━━━  " 📂  " ‍

╭ ╮
━━━  " 📂 " ‍..⃗. ༉

𝙍 𝙊 𝙈 𝘼 𝙉 𝘾 𝙄 𝙉 𝙂

! chapter sixty-one ─── ʚĭɞ

╰ ╯

╰                                                               ╯

Miyeon stared up at the ceiling, ignoring the boy next to her. She was laid across his bed, eyes unfocused as she tried to block out the sound of him going on about something.

"White noise. You've become white noise." She tore her eyes away from practically nothing, rolling onto her stomach and looking down at Suho, who didn't seem so pleased at her words.

"This is my house, remember?" He replied, and Miyeon waved his words away, sitting up and pulling the shirt out of his hand and flooding it, placing it in his open bag.

"And you're letting me stay here, which I am so, so grateful for." Miyeon let her voice take on a rather sickly sweet tone. "Carry on."

And Suho did, but yet again Miyeon ended up tuning him out, far more focused with the patterns she drew on her leg, nails long enough to leave the remnants there for just a moment longer.

"I'll figure something out soon." She said, when she realised that Suho had fallen quiet for quite some time, the two of them folding his clothes in silence. "What I'll figure out is questionable, but I won't stay here for much longer."

"You're not going to stay in hotels, if that's what you're meaning. I think Seojun would actually kill me if you did that." Suho replied, just a hint of an emotion in his voice.

"No - I was thinking a more permanent place." Miyeon replied, shrugging as she folded the last item of clothing and standing up, Suho closing his case and the pair of them zipping it up.

"I can help you look, and help you with money if you need it." Miyeon was instantly denying the offer, and whilst Suho wouldn't press it, he was far more than happy to help her out - more than he cared to admit.

She had been staying there for a week at that point, her stuff tucked up in a corner and a blanket permanently folded up and placed on the sofa at all times.

And now, they were packing for a overnight school trip, which was scheduled for the upcoming days.

"Have you packed already?" Suho asked, Miyeon following him through into the living room as he pulled the case behind him.

"Yep." Miyeon pointed to the bag on the sofa besides the blanket, eyes travelling up to the clock. "I.. actually have somewhere to be. Sooa invited me out to eat."

"Get a cab back." Suho replied, and Miyeon rushed around to try and make herself look presentable, before leaving the house and beginning her journey.

She had lied to Suho. She wasn't going out to eat with Sooa, but instead was travelling to a particular area where she knew that Sooa lived.

But it wasn't Sooa she was going to see. It was Eunjoo, who had told her all about her home there. And so, amongst all the trouble that had occurred after Miyeon had left the Hwang family home, the housekeeper had arranged to meet up with the girl.

She expected that Suho wouldn't exactly agree with her going to see the housekeeper, after finding out about what Seojun had pulled her away from, Miyeon had rather correctly assumed that any mention of the house would make him rather angry.

But just because she was staying with him, Miyeon wasn't about to deny the invite from the only person within that house who had actually cared for her.

Glancing down at the address that Eunjoo had sent, Miyeon found herself outside of her building, and soon enough was climbing up the stairs to her apartment, knocking on the door.

"Hwang Miyeon!" Eunjoo was all smiles as she opened the door, greeting the girl and letting her inside. "I hope you found your way here easily? I made dinner, most of your favourite dishes."

"Thank you." Miyeon was nearing tears as the housekeeper pulled the coat off her back, perhaps out of habit, and they walked through the small apartment to the table, sitting down opposite each other.

Eunjoo was placing positions of all Miyeon's favourite dishes under her nose, watching with a smile as the girl began to eat. "I heard you were staying with Lee Suho - does that mean you're friends again?"

"I think we became friends a little while ago - I'm good friends with a girl he likes, Im Jugyeong, and I just helped him with a few things when she went on a date with a college boy." Miyeon explained through mouthfuls.

Eunjoo listened carefully, even though it was somewhat confusing to keep up with it all, but the idea of Miyeon regaining some of her previous friends brought a smile to her face, but the next question would wipe it away.

"What.. happened after I left? How are my parents?" Miyeon asked, wide eyes filled with curiosity and the tiniest dash of fear.

"Your mother is angry, as expected. And your dad was as well, when he found out what happened, of course. He's moved out for the time being, but I suspect that something more will happen soon." Eunjoo began, glancing up at the girl, continuing her explanation as Miyeon ate.

And the Hwang girl would continue to do just that, before returning to Suho's house, those two homes being places where she was truly wanted.

Miyeon didn't even have to force herself to back to them, which was always a plus.