s i x : that's unfortunate, but not for me

t h a t ' s    u n f o r t u n a t e ,   b u t    n o t    f o r    m e

b u t    n o t    f o r    m e

The week was now coming to the end. It was Friday afternoon, third period to be exact. The teacher was going on about the past week and it's assignments. School ends one period early today since their was gonna be a school meeting for the staff, so this was their last class for the day.

"Next week will be a bit different than the usual week for this class. From Monday to Friday, everyone will be assigned a partner for a project that'll be due by the following Monday." Groans could be heard from all over the room once they heard about a group project being assigned.

"Can we please pick our own partners Mr. Lim." One of the students threw his hand up asking the teacher. "We'll do better if we get to pick." The class irrupted in agreeance to his statement.

"You all say that, then you fool around throughout the project. So I will gladly pick your partners." Mr. Lim smiled, causing everyone to groan. "Come on, you guys can't just talk to the same three people. Make friends, talk to one another."

"With my luck I'm gonna be assigned with someone who's not gonna do anything to help with the project." Yena leaned over to whisper to them.

"Cheer up, the class isn't that bad. There's a lot of smart people in here." Youngmin replies back.

"I'm not sure if we're looking at the same class, Min. Jongmin is half asleep in his desk, and you got Gyuri who hasn't paid attention for the last half hour." Mina showed.

"You guys are the last people to talk." Naeun laughed. "Half the time you three aren't paying attention to what's going on."

"And? Doesn't mean I'm gonna want someone the same as me as a partner. It needs to be balanced okay." Soojin explained.

"I will call out your partners. When you hear your name, raise your hand so you can see who your partner will be." Mr. Lim said. "First, Taeyoung and Kyungmin." He started to call all the partners.

"Naeun and Mina,"

"Yena and Jay,"

"Soojin and Youngmin,"

"Sunghoon and Jake,"

"Sunoo and Bomin,"

"Jungwon and Niki,"

"Yeonjun and Heeseung,"

"Woohyun and Chaeyeon." Chaeyeon looked for the person, seeing a boy in the far back corner put his hand up. They made eye contact, the boy smiling to her which she politely returned.