e l e v e n : i guess that's what friends are for

i    g u e s s    t h a t ' s    w h a t    f r i e n d s    a r e    f o r

f r i e n d s    a r e    f o r

For the rest of the day Chaeyeon stayed silent and straight faced. Even if you knew just her name, you'd know that Chaeyeon was a smiley and bubbly person almost daily, so seeing her this way wasn't normal. Something bad would have clearly happen for her to be like this.

Her friends, even Jaebeom tried to ask her what was going on but she would just tell them that she'd explain later. They dropped it once they knew she wouldn't talk to them yet.

The final bell has rung, Chaeyeon was making her way down to Mr. Lim's office. Stopping once she reached the door.

"Hey." She turned around to see Sunghoon standing there. She gave him a weak smile. "I'm sorry about butting in on your personal problem, but I could see the way you acted when being accused of cheating. I could tell you didn't do it so I put myself in. Sorry if you're mad."

She shook her head, "I'm not mad at you. I'm upset that something like this would happen, I would never do that." Chaeyeon sighed. "I'm sorry that you got dragged in this with me."

Sunghoon shook his head, "I guess that's what friends are for. You take the blame for each other." Chaeyeon gave him a smile.

They turned their heads when they heard the door open, Mr. Lim gestured them to go in and sit down in the chair in front of his desk.

"I know you're a great student Chaeyeon. You've shown nothing but excellence and high achievements in school. I understand that you wouldn't do anything like this, but your name is still unfortunately printed on this."

He turned to Sunghoon, "and you, I could say the same things as I did to Chaeyeon. I don't understand why you'd put yourself in something that has nothing to do with you, but maybe there was a mistake. We don't know that."

"Because this is both of your guys first times being in a position like this, I will not be giving you guys any formal punishments. But if anything does occur again with either of you, then there will be. I don't want to see either of you in this position again, understood?" They both nodded.

"Good, you may leave my office now." They said their thank you's and left his office. Chaeyeon sighed once they shut the door behind them. Both of their friend groups were outside waiting for them.

"Can you please explain what happened. Why did you guys have to go to his office?" Sunoo exclaimed.

"Chaeyeon was accused of cheating."