t w e l v e : aren't you supposed to care, not back stab

a r e n ' t    y o u    s u p p o s e d    t o    c a r e    a b o u t    t h e    o n e s    y o u    l i k e , n o t    b a c k    s t a b    t h e m

a b o u t    t h e    o n e s    y o u    l i k e ,
n o t    b a c k    s t a b    t h e m

"It was you?" Chaeyeon put the realization of everything. "You...you were the one to get me in trouble."

"It wasn't to hurt you, Chaeyeon." He walked up to her, but she backed up from him. "It's so you could see that I'd do anything to help you. I'm the perfect one for you."

Chaeyeon scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief. "You're supposed to care for the ones you like, not stab them in the back like this. Are you crazy, what if I got in trouble. I was accused of cheating Woohyun! I could've gotten kicked out of school."

"You lead me on, you left me thinking that you liked me." He grabbed onto her arm. Once the others seen that he was starting to be physical on her, they knew they had to get in between him and her. Because he could do anything at that point.

"You lead yourself on Woohyun, you know that I didn't. You put it in your own head, so don't blame me for that."

"Don't say that Chaeyeon, you are saying that cause of Sunghoon!"

"Hey! Get your hands off of her." Jaebeom ran up to him and ripped him away from her. The others followed behind.

"Are you okay, did he hurt you?" Sunghoon ran up to her side, pulling her away from him.

"Who do you think you are!" Soojin yelled.

"Are you crazy Woohyun, you set her up and then tried to hurt her." Jungwon shouted.

"She said she doesn't like you. Do you want me to spell it out for you kid." Jaebeom got heated. Nobody can touch his sister like that.

"Relax Jae, you'll get in trouble if you start a fight." Youngmin and Bomin held back their friend.

"If I ever seen you near my sister again I swear to god kid, you'll never see the light again."

Chaeyeon walked up to the boy, "take your cookies back. I don't want something like this from someone like you." She shoved the box into his chest.

Turned to go back to the others, "let's go, please." They nodded, walking away from Woohyun.

Not before jay turned around and walked up to Woohyun, snatching the box of cookies from him, giving him a death glare. "You don't deserve to get these back."

Once they got off of campus they stopped walking to take everything in. "Are you okay, Chae. Did he hurt you anywhere?" Yena asked her.

"Do you need us to take you to the nurse, we'll go right now." Sunghoon asked.

"I'm fine, he didn't pull me to hard thankfully. I can't believe he would do that, all because of some imaginary thing in his mind."

"It's up to you Chaeyeon, but I would go to the director and tell them what he did. He physically harassed and could've harmed you even more if we didn't come out." Heeseung suggested.

"Yes, we're going right now whether you want to or not." Jaebeom grabbed her arm and took her straight to the the directors office.

When they made it to the directors office, Jaebeom told the others to wait outside while him and Chaeyeon go in to explain everything. The others were asked to write up a quick witness statement to help push it.

The director noted down all the claims and said they'd do a quick investigation. But thankfully they said that a guaranteed punishment he'll be receiving for both false accusation of cheating and physical harassment will be class switch that he shares with her, as well a restraining order. Which means he'll never be able to get a certain distance to her.

"Thank you guys, I...I don't know how to truly thank you all."

"You don't have to thank us, Chaeyeon." Mina rubbed her arm soothingly.

"But are you sure he didn't hurt you." Naeun asked. She nodded.

She wasn't gonna lie, but when he grabbed her arm, he did kinda pull hard. It felt sore where he did, making it feel like she got either a tight belt cutting her circulation off or really bad rope burn. But she didn't want to worry any of them, the pain will eventually go away so she didn't say anything.

"Can we go eat something, I barely ate at lunch and now I'm starving." Chaeyeon rubbed her growling stomach.

"There's this pizza place just down the rode if you want. They have good food." Niki pointed in the direction the restaurant was. Everyone agreed to the suggestion of pizza, they started walking there.

"Your arm hurts, doesn't it?" Sunghoon leaned down to whisper just loud enough so she could hear. Even though all of the others were a few steps ahead of them.

Chaeyeon looked down at her arm she was currently soothing. "The pain isn't too bad, not enough to worry about."

"You don't need to lie to me, I won't say anything. I promise." He held out his pink, which she accepted with a chuckle.

"It hurts but I promise it'll feel better soon. It just feels like a burn, nothing serious."

"If it doesn't feel better soon, tell me." She nodded.

"Did you really take the cookies from him Jay?" Sunoo shook his head.

"Uh duh. He doesn't deserve professionally made cookies, not after what he did to Chaeyeon."

"Good choice. Now we have something to snack on after eating." Yena high fives him.

- n i n e t e e n -