f o r t y : twenty four 7

t w e n t y    f o u r    7

t w e n t y f o u r 7

Chaeyeon peaked her head into her brothers room from his bedroom door, "I'm running to the 7-eleven, I'll be back later."

"Pick me up some candy while you're there, please." Jaebeom leaned back from his desk chair. Throwing a thumbs up, she left his room.

Chaeyeon slipped on her shoes, opening the door and making it down the road to the store. The bright neon sign came into her view from up the road. The doors bell jingled as she made her way into the store. Greeting the worker at the till, she made her way to the candy isle to pick up for Jaebeom.

With the candy in one hand, she made her way to the back of the store where the drinks were held in their fridge section.

She was planning on having a study night to catch up on any work she's been slightly slacking on. Could you blame her though?

There has been a distraction by the name of Park Sunghoon who's been taking away her focus on her school work. Ever since they officially became a couple, her nights were spent either in his arms, or on the phone talking to him until Jaebeom had to barge into her room at 3 am to yell at her and Sunghoon on the other end to shut up. Did that stop them, not at all. They just learned ways to talk to each other without Jaebeom yelling at them to sleep.

Well, there was one instant where Jaebeom started to cut the wifi off at night so they couldn't talk or message one another late at night.

"Hey, the wifi has been acting weird for awhile," Chaeyeon walked into her brothers room where he was currently playing his games.

"I know," the boy replied without taking his eyes off the screen.

Chaeyeon stood there, "okay? Well, go see why it's been down."

"Nope," he turned his head for a split second to flash her a sarcastic smile. "That's been on purpose."

Chaeyeon squinted her eyes towards him, "on purpose? Stop playing and just go fix it," she crossed her arms impatiently.

"Too bad, I'm tired of you and your little boyfriend talking loudly until early mornings. You need to start organizing your sleep and work, Sunghoon will live to see the next day even if you guys don't talk for one hour."

Chaeyeon just scoffed and walked out, "fine, I'll just be sleeping."

News flash, she wasn't sleeping. Not even a blink of sleep. Instead, she called Sunghoon and informed him to come over instead. And of course, he was there in an instant, climbing up her balcony Romeo and Juliet style.

Just kidding, he was too chicken to do that. He would just go through the door that's connecting the stairs below, up to her balcony. From there, they'd spend the night together, and of course Jaebeom would be there instantly to yell at the both. This time in person to both of them.

Chaeyeon was stubborn, so of course that wifi situation didn't last any longer than a few days. Going back to the two talking on the phone all night like the cheesy, infatuated couple they are (words directly quoted by the one and only Jay Park.)

So that's the very simplified summary of why she's having a study night today, a lovesick girl who was in a relationship with someone equally as lovesick. The two were irresistible, it was kinda crazy how much two people could spend time with each other without getting sick of the others company. I guess you can say they redefined that.

A shoulder bumped into hers, her snacks falling onto the ground. "I'm so sorry, here I'll get those for you." A voice rushes out. The stranger quickly picked up the treats and handed them back into her hands.

"That's alright," Chaeyeon stood up.

"Yeona, hurry it up. I don't got all the time in the world for your mistakes," a voice sternly called from behind them. The girl nodded before looking at her once more before turning and rushing back to the voice.

Anyways, study night. She needed her go to drinks so her focus and concentration was only on one thing, her work. Her eyes followed all the other beverages until they landed on the one she was looking for specifically. With her hand, she tippy toaed and went to grab it, well not until another hand went for the same exact one.

Retracting her hand away, she bowed, "sorry." Her head raised to look at the other person.

They just looked down with a smile on their face, "you can have it, of course."

She squinted her eyes, "but it's the last one?"

"I guess my friend will have to suck it up and drink something else for tonight. I also know that this is the only drink that keeps you concentrated while studying."

A find smile formed on her face, and his as well. "You know me too well."

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful your smile is?" He leaned down so they could be face to face. "I'm guessing you have. I mean who wouldn't, they must be blind if they haven't."

Chaeyeon looked around as her face heated up from flustering. "Stop talking nonsense Sunghoon," she cleared her throat.

"I'm not though." He lifted his head up, "I really mean it. You're pretty, more like beautiful." His hand raised to her cheek. "Your beauty is for me and me only. Gosh I'm the luckiest boy in this world." He sighed.

She just rolled her eyes with a smile on her face, "come on lover boy, let's go." Their hands intertwined as they made their way to pay for their things and leave the store.

"And where will that be?"

"Well, my planned out study night might just have to wait for another day so we can go on an adventure." She smiled.

"As well as the nineteen missed messages from Jaebeom asking where his candy is."

- n i n e t e e n -

there you have it, full circle hehe. and that's a wrap everyone! nineteen has officially been completed after forty chapters. thank you to everyone that has read, commented, voted, and loved this book. I hope everyone enjoyed it along with me. leave any feedback, I'll appreciate anything you give for me to improve or keep doing for future works. again, thank you everyone. My current works consist of 'Something of the Past' so go check that out if you'd like. I'd appreciate it.

ps, you wanna know Yeona's story? go check out my book 'Night Changes' for that story.

A huge shoutout to these special people for their consistent love on this book:
rainmoonchild
jakeyjakee
seung-ie
jungowns
minfiw3
CHENLV
kiraslovelyroses
p_hoonie
suho_02
afoolforenhypen
lna_onfroy
SarahLopez318
asia_aszek