t e n : accidentally on purpose

a c c i d e n t a l l y    o n    p u r p o s e

a c c i d e n t a l l y o n p u r p o s e

"Wow, I guess they're trying to get your attention even more now." Mina laughed as they walked into their third period class. They stopped in front of their desks, looking down at Chaeyeon's.

A small to medium box laid neatly wrapped, with a single balloon and letter taped onto it on her desk. The box contained complex detailed iced cookies that you'd probably order from a professional bakery. These weren't your typical store bought cookies that's for sure.

"Looks like this secret admirer of yours has stepped up their game with this one." Jungwon said as the boys walked up to them. They clearly noticed the very flashy gift sitting on her desk as well as everyone else who had walked into the room.

"Did you open it?" Youngmin lead over to see.

"They're cookies, with a letter and a balloon." She showed them.

"Those are some expensive cookies right there." Jake said.

"What do you mean?" Chaeyeon asked confused.

"My dad would order these cookies from this one bakery when ever he gave gifts to his clients. The bakery is a very high class one, most of the costumers are big companies or just wealthy people who likes professionally made goods." Jake explains. (rich boy Jake)

Chaeyeon gasps, looking down at the cookies, looking back up with a shocked expression on her face. They chuckle at her face expression. "Who would spend that kind of money on some cookies that are gonna be eaten anyways."

"Someone who clearly has a thing for you." Bomin laughed.

"Ya, they clearly are really into you. Nobody would spend that much on some cookies if they didn't like you this much." Naeun said.

"Do you have any idea who this person could be. Has someone caught your attention?" Heeseung asked. Chaeyeon shook her head.

"Nobody has, maybe they aren't in this class and just has somebody to put it here for me." She shrugged, slid the present in her bag, deciding she'll open the letter after school as the bell has rung. Everyone got to their own desks. Getting ready for the class.

Everyone presented their projects in front of the class. Once everyone had finished, Mr. Lim handed out a mini test that would test their knowledge on the things they had to learn for the projects. If you did your proper research for it then you'd do just fine on it. So it was a breeze for Chaeyeon as she had spent countless of time preparing for this project.

After everyone had finished and handed in their tests, Mr. Lim called for Sunghoon to hand out some worksheets for everyone, since he was closest to the front.

"Chaeyeon, can I see you at my desk." Mr. Lim called out. Chaeyeon dropped her pencil and slid her chair out to get up. Walking to his desk that was sitting in the front right corner of the class.

"Yes?" She stopped right in front of his desk.

"Can you please explain why you have this with your test." He pointed down to a paper she didn't recognize.

"I'm not sure what that is?" Her face held confusion.

"Well, it is a cheat sheet that has your name on it. It was stuck to your test you handed in."

"Cheat sheet? With my name on it?" Chaeyeon confusingly looked at him, grabbing the paper. "I...this isn't mine. I would never cheat on anything, let alone a test."

"It has your name on it Chaeyeon." He pointed at her name that was printed on the top.

She shook her head, "Mr. Lim, I swear this isn't mine."

Chaeyeon was now freaking out. How could this possibly be? She would never think about cheating on anything in school, even if she felt unprepared for a test, she wouldn't settle for cheating. That wasn't the type of person she was. Her grades and school transcripts was important to her, cheating would never be something she'd do.

"It has your name on it-."

"That's mine." Chaeyeon whipped her head up. Sunghoon was standing there. She gave him a confused look. "You had asked me last week to give you a photo copied version for today's test."

"Then how is her name printed on the top of the test." He asked.

"One of us might've accidentally written her name at the top." Sunghoon shrugged. "You were marking our presentations just now, maybe you accidentally wrote her name on that instead of the marking sheet."

Mr. Lim sighed, "we'll figure this out after school. You two, my office after the last bell." He waved them off back to their seats.

Chaeyeon obviously upset, her face clearly showing some distress. She sat back down at her desk, looking down.

"What happened?" Soojin leaned over to whisper to her.

"I...I don't know." She sighed.

Soojin looked back at the others, shrugging her shoulders telling them she doesn't know what's going on either.

"What was Mr. Lim talking to you and Sunghoon about? Did something happen?" Yena asked.

Chaeyeon didn't pay attention, sitting there quietly not wanting to talk about it. She knew Sunghoon wasn't the one to do it, someone had to have done that on purpose. The feeling didn't sit right with her at all.

- 1 9 -

Sunghoon turned his head to look at Chaeyeon once he sat back down in his seat. He ignored the boys who were questioning him about what had just happen a couple of seconds ago.

He doesn't know why he took the blame, but he did. It just felt right to do so, he could see how upset she was. Clearly she didn't do it, her face and tone could prove it for her. So he knew if he got in between them maybe it'll help her case and not get her in trouble for something she didn't do.

Obviously it didn't do as much as he'd hope it would, since they were both asked to go to his office at the end of the day. Hopefully something would be figured out so they wouldn't be punished for it. He didn't care if he got punished, he just didn't want her to be.

- 1 9 -

Of course he had to step in. Of course he had to help her. He was getting frustrated with Sunghoon, always getting in between them. First it was this morning, and now it was this time.

He was supposed to be the one to save Chaeyeon from getting in trouble, but it was ruined because of him.

- n i n e t e e n -