t w e n t y s i x : i thought you were my friend, i was wrong

i    t h o u g h t    y o u    w e r e    m y f r i e n d ,   i    w a s    w r o n g

i t h o u g h t y o u w e r e m y
f r i e n d , i w a s w r o n g

"I clearly don't like her'... are you joking me. Yes, I clearly don't, because of things like this. She's a liar, a manipulator, and a horrible friend. Who might I remind you, went behind my back, and lied to my face and made lies about me behind my back to everyone."

"Come on Chaeyeon..."

"Are you not gonna believe me, your friend, but believe someone who YOU don't even know. Especially someone you know who has done things in the past to hurt me. What kind of friend you are huh." Chaeyeon sarcastically laughed, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Are you serious Chaeyeon. Just because I asked you to just apologize to her. I'm asking you so this whole thing can be resolved without more problems, I'm doing this so you don't get into more trouble, because I should remind you that this is your second time getting into something stupid. I'm not siding with her just because I asked you to apologize."

"Really? Something stupid, as if I ever wanted to be in this position not once but twice."

"And It's not about that, it's that you didn't side with me after EVERYTHING and aren't believing me when I say I didn't do it. Why would I do something like that!" She raised her voice. "You should believe me and not force me to apologize for something I clearly didn't do."

"Maybe you accidentally did it without realizing it Chaeyeon, you don't know."

Chaeyeon scoffed, "so you're saying I'm lying? I know what I did and didn't do. What I didn't do is that."

"Did I say you were lying!" Sunghoon exclaimed.

"You tell me Sunghoon. You know what, I'm fine actually, because I'm done trying to prove myself to someone who won't even listen to me. Especially to someone I thought was my friend, but I guess I'm wrong about that."

Chaeyeon turned around and walked away, not letting him get another word in. Sunghoon stood there for a second before walking to grab her hand for her to stop.

"Chaeyeon. I didn't mean it like that."

She turned and ripped her hand out of his grip, "don't even try, you made yourself very clear." Turning back around, she left without another word.

"Where did Chaeyeon go?" Heeseung ran up to the lone boy.

Sunghoon sighed, "she stormed off. I tried explaining to her to just apologize so this whole thing can be done and nobody would get into trouble, but she got mad at me and said I was siding with her. Which I was not."

Heeseung slapped Sunghoon's arm, "are you stupid Sunghoon. We told you to comfort her, but you do this instead. Jeongyu obviously did that for attention." Heeseung scoffed.

"She had every right to storm off from you. Next time just don't bother if you're gonna make the situation worse." Heeseung shook his head, walking the same direction Chaeyeon just left, going to comfort her that Sunghoon failed to do.

Chaeyeon walked towards Mrs. Lee's office. She couldn't believe Sunghoon. How could he even suggest apologizing to someone who clearly did that to get her in trouble.

"Chaeyeon," Heeseung ran up to her before she walked into the office. "You feeling alright?"

"I'm fine."

"Don't listen to what Sunghoon said, it was clear what had happen. I'll be your alibi so you don't need to worry." Heeseung assured her with a smile.

They walked into the office, Jeongyu was already sitting in the chair. Her act still being played out. Heeseung stood a little further back and let Chaeyeon walk into the room, sitting down on the chair by Jeongyu's.

"Could you explain what happened, Jeongyu first please." Mrs. Lee sat down in her chair behind her desk.

"Isn't clear, she purposely did this to hurt me. There's nothing more to explain, I want her in trouble."

"If you're not gonna explain the whole story Jeongyu, then I'm not gonna go off your story and go by hers." Jeongyu just sat there in silence, so she turned towards Chaeyeon for her side.

"My partner, Heeseung, asked me to grab the glass beaker so we could finish the lab. I went to the cabinets so I could get one. I seen someone next to me and moved over so there was room between us. Next thing, she was on the ground next to broken glass. I hadn't even reached for a glass yet and she was on the ground."

"Are you sure you hadn't reach for one yet?"

"Yes, I was about to reach but seen her next to me and moved over. I wouldn't purposely push a glass, I have no reason to do that. Why would I want to get in trouble for something that stupid. I'm not like that."

"You hate me, that's the motive of this." Jeongyu spat.

Chaeyeon turned to look towards her, "me?" She laughed. "If anything it's you who hates me. You're the one who lied, and went behind my back for months on end. So there's one reason behind your motive. You're a liar, and you're lying right now Jeongyu."

"I was there Mrs. Lee. While Chaeyeon was getting the glass I was behind them. I notice Chaeyeon reaching for one and Jeongyu grabbed one and pushed it off the shelf, dropping it. Chaeyeon isn't lying right now," Heeseung stepped forward, interrupting the two.

"They're lying."

"No, we are not." Chaeyeon sternly said.

"You're just not over the fact that your boyfriend didn't love you like he did for me. Now you're taking your revenge."

Chaeyeon snapped her head towards the girl, "what did you just say. Because what I remember is you going behind my back, lying and took my boyfriend away because you were jealous. I learned to forget about your petty and lying behaviour for years, and it looks like you're the one caught up on this still."

"You're just embarrassed that you can't find someone to love you like myself. You're pathetic and worthless. That's why all your "friends" left you."

"What is your problem?! How could you say that to someone?" Heeseung walked up towards them.

"Mrs. Lee, I'm sorry but I will not be sitting here any longer. You've heard my story and Heeseung's. You can call me back in when you figure out who you'd like to believe." Chaeyeon stood up and grabbed her bag onto her shoulders.

She turned and made her way towards heeseung, walking out of the room back outside into the hallway alongside him.

"I'm sorry what she was saying back there Chae. I wish I could have stopped her but I didn't kn-" he stopped once he noticed she wasn't walking beside him anymore. He turned around to see her standing with her head down.

He sighed, walking up to her, wrapping his arms tightly around her. Chaeyeon just let him, letting her emotions out, knowing that he was there to let her do so made her feel heard.

"Let's get out of here and talk. I'll listen to everything. Come on." He wrapped his arm around her shoulders tightly, comforting her as best as he could.

- n i n e t e e n -