t w e n t y t h r e e : a flood of emotions

a    f l o o d    o f    e m o t i o n s

a f l o o d o f e m o t i o n s

Chaeyeon couldn't believe it. All the bad memories rushed in as if they were never forgotten in the first place. Years, it took years for her to finally let it fall behind her. Years to trust people again who weren't her brother. Now, however, the reason behind it all was back.

When the teacher gave her the leave slip, she rushed out of the class in a hurry. A deep breath inhaled once she felt the fresh air from outside. It was like the air inside the class was thick.

A shaky breath left her mouth as she walked through the gate. Speed walking home, wanting to throw herself into her bed and not see any form of light.

Vulnerability was one of the traits she had that she hated. She was small, imitated, and fragile. Envied Yena and Naeun for being tall, Soojin for being able to stick up for herself, or Mina who wasn't afraid to be loud and the life of the party.

Her though, she always needed someone to help her. When she was confronting Woohyun, she couldn't stick up to him herself. Now, she was running away from her problems yet again. Why couldn't she just stand tall and ignore it, ignore her.

Her bag and shoes thrown onto the ground by the front door, rushing into her room and throwing herself onto her bed. Trying to blink the tears away, but once the first one fell the rest came down too.

To engrossed by her own cry, she didn't hear the front door open, or the slight knock on her bedroom door.

"Chaeyeon, can I come in please. It's just me okay." Jaebeoms voice was heard from the other side. He walked in when silence was the answer, sitting on the bed by her covered body.

"How you feeling?" Chaeyeon uncovered her face to look at her brother. She weeped in his arms. Jaebeom sighed, rubbing her head soothingly.

"It's okay Chae. We aren't gonna let her go near you. You'll never have to talk to her, or be with her besides in class."

A knock was heard on her door, Naeun peaked her head. "Can we come in for a second?"

Chaeyeon sat up, putting her back against her headboard. Soojin sat down softly next to her, her hand in hers softly rubbing it.

"How you feeling?"

"I'm-im fine I guess." Chaeyeon gazed her eyes, noticing someone was missing.

"Where's Sunghoon?"

"He said he had to pick up something. He'll be back soon he said." Sunoo explained to her.

"If you don't mind us asking, but could you tell us what's going on. And who's that girl, because there's obviously past tense between you guys that we are seeing." Niki asked.

Chaeyeon sighed, "I...can we talk about it another day. I'm not feeling well right now." She sniffled.

Yena sighed deeply, "wont you feel better if you talk about it though. It'll help you clear your mind a bit, and it'll help the boys understand what's going on."

"I know, but not now I said. Please understand." Chaeyeon ordered. "Can you guys let me be alone, I want to be alone right now." She laid back down, facing her body away from everyone.

She heard Jaebeom telling them to leave her room, hearing the door shut with silence following it.

"Will she be ok, should we just stay by her just in case?" Jake asked concernly.

"She'll be okay, space is what she needs for now. We'll check up on her in a bit." Naeun confirms.

"Let's leave her be for now, if she doesn't want to talk then we aren't forcing her to." Mina said.

- 1 9 -

Sunghoon ran as fast as he could back to their house after leaving them for a minute, hoping they haven't left him yet.

"Hey guys, I'll be back in a second. I need to go pick something up real quick, I'll be back before you know it." Sunghoon sprinted down the straight without another word.

"Where's he going?" Bomin asked.

"I'm not sure, he said he'll be back so it's fine." Jay shrugged.

"Where's Chaeyeon?" Sunghoon panted, walking up to the second floor of their house.

"She's in her room, she asked us to leave her be for now. So let's just go, we'll see her tomorrow."

"I need to give her something real quick." Sunghoon made his way up to her bedroom door but Jaebeom stopped him before he could go further.

"I just said she wants to be alone, she doesn't want to talk so leave."

"I know, I'll be one minute, please Jae. I'm not gonna force her to talk at all, I just wanna give her something. I'll leave the minute I give her it."

Jaebeom sighed, dropping his arm from him and moving out of the way. "You have five minutes top, meet us back downstairs when you're done." Sunghoon nodded at his demand. Jaebeom turned and made his way back down, the rest following him.

Sunghoon turned towards Chaeyeon's door and knocked lightly. When he heard nothing from the other side he hesitantly opened it up, walking in half way.

"Guys, I already said I don't wanna talk right now. Please just leave me alo-." Chaeyeon stopped once she turned and seen that it was Sunghoon.

"Hey, sorry if I'm bothering you. I can leave if you want me to, I'll leave this over here on your desk."

Chaeyeon shook her head, "no, you can stay. Sorry for yelling at you." She sat up on her bed.

Sunghoon chuckled, sitting on her bed. "Don't worry about it. I know you're feeling down right now so it's alright." He smiled sweetly down at her.

He took off his bag and unzipped it. The caffeine drink that Chaeyeon likes and a bunch of different snacks and food was taken out, onto her bed in front of her.

"What's all this for." She chuckled looking at all the things.

"I know you probably don't wanna talk about the whole thing right now, but I wanted to cheer you up some way. So I bought you somethings that you like or might like. I hope you like some of these things?" He gave her a concerned look.

"Thank you, you didn't have to honestly." She reach over the snacks and pulled him into a tight hug which he was caught off guard from. He dropped the things in his hands and hugged her right back.

Pulling back when he heard sniffles coming from her. He reach his hand up and wiped her tears away with his thumb.

"You can talk to me Chaeyeon. I'll always listen to you, always." He whispered, levelling his face so it's close to hers still wiping the tears away as they fell.

- n i n e t e e n -

(a third win today,,,, are you joking me😭🖤 210507)
I'm about to update every win they get. Wow I'm so proud of them omg.