t w e n t y e i g h t : confessions or something like that

c o n f e s s i o n s    o r    s o m e t h i n g l i k e    t h a t

l i k e    t h a t

It's been almost two weeks, the tension between the two had yet to be fixed. Between both Chaeyeon and Jeongyu, and Chaeyeon and Sunghoon.

There hasn't been a punishment figured out from the incident two weeks ago either. The teacher hadn't mentioned it or even hinted at it, so as of now there's no fix to what really happened. The only difference is that the two girls couldn't cross paths in class or in school at all, each one had to stick to one side of the class at all times or they'd both get punished.

Chaeyeon couldn't complain, it means that Jeongyu wouldn't have any excuse to lie and make a scene anymore that could get either of them in trouble again. Of course having her out of site is more ideal for Chaeyeon and the others, but this is the current situation; so she shouldn't complain. It could be worse.

Everyone that was stuck between the two, Sunghoon and Chaeyeon, were on a thin line, especially when they tried their bests to be together without either of the or leaving. They wouldn't even look towards each other's direction if they were in the same room, if they could even stay in the same room before one of them leaves.

All of them had tried to get them together to figure out the problems, but every time they did, it just made the situation worse than it already was. So they just let it be for now.

"Don't make plans tonight." Mina sat down next to the her, picking a fry from her plate.

"What's tonight?" Chaeyeon looked up from her book.

"I'm inviting everyone over for a little hangout at my place tonight. So you can't make any plans, no buts and or's." Mina insisted.

"I can't, I need to study for an exam that I have coming up soon. So I'll be passing for tonight."

"Chaeyeon, we all know you don't have an exam coming up soon. Stop making excuses, you're coming." Naeun pointed. "And we have the exact same classes if you have forgotten."

"Fine, but I'm leaving the minute something happens. So don't force anything unless you want it to end in a fight." She threw them a fake smile. The others just rolled their eyes.

"Stop being a Debby downer Chaeyeon. It's gonna be fun and you're gonna have fun whether you like it or not. We haven't gotten together in over a week because of you two, so we're having fun." Yena insisted.

"She's right Chae, I know it's hard. We understand your feelings a 120%. We truly do, but sooner or later you're gonna have to be next to one another. Might as well start sooner than later." Soojin said.

Chaeyeon sighed, "I know. Sorry for all the trouble I've caused you all this last two weeks."

"Don't apologize, you have done nothing wrong. Your feelings are valid, we are just doing this to make you feel better and fix this situation that shouldn't have even happened in the first place." Mina rubbed her thumb over her hand in comfort.

"You can also leave when ever you need to. All we want is for you to just come out for a bit, it doesn't have to be all night. How does that sound?" Yena assured her.

Chaeyeon nodded, "just please don't force anything. If it happens naturally then fine, but no forcing." All the girls swore in agreement.

"How about I come over before and we can go together. How does that sound to you?" Naeun suggested.

"We all know you're going over to see Jae, we aren't stupid Naeun." Mina laughed.

Naeun threw a pencil towards her, a side eye towards them. "I care about my friends feelings, actually."

"Just ignore them Naeun, but yes Jaebeom will be there." Naeun slapped the chuckling girl.

"This isn't fair. Naeun has a crush on Jae who clearly likes her too. Yena likes Jay and vis versa, Chaeyeon and Su- ehm, Soojin has been in love with Youngmin for the last year and a half. I'm here heartless and alone." Mina scoffed, crossing her eyes.

"Hey, what about me and Youngmin? What if he likes me back?"

"Soojin, your "signs" have been all the same for the last year. How could Youngmin even notice your love for him if those are your signs." Yena teased.

"You're saying that Youngmin doesn't like me back?"

"We aren't saying that, we are just trying to tell you to you know, have better signals. That'll make it more clear on his feelings too."

"How? How could I let Youngmin know that I like him? And don't tell me to confess right away, cause that's too much too handle all at once."

"You like me?"

They turned their heads and seen Youngmin standing there. Everyone looked toward each other, then to Soojin who had a shocked expression on her face.

"What, no! No! Me, like you, never." Soojin chuckled nervously. "I actually have to go to class. We have a test." She quickly stood up and rushed off.

Youngmin turned towards the four other girls.

"Fries?" Chaeyeon offered, nervously laughing.

"Spill, now." Youngmin pulled the chair open and sat.

"Fine. Soojin has liked you, for a long time now. We have told her to talk to you, find out if you know...you like her too." Mina explained.

"Please, tell us you like her too." Naeun leaned closer to him. "It's Soojin, the beautiful and amazing girl we all know and love."

"Well..." He sighed.

Yena gasped, "tell me this is a good well, you like her too. Don't you!"

"Omg you like her Youngmin! You do!" Chaeyeon pushed her book away.

"Let him speak! So you like her?" Mina shushed them.

"I guess I do, I mean yes. I do like her." Youngmin cleared his throat.

The girls stole glances with one another, smirks plastered on their faces.

Naeun sat up straight, "great, you now have to show us that you do truly care for her. Just because we're friends doesn't mean we're going easy on you."

"Come on, you guys know I'll never do anything to hurt her. I care about her a 100%."

"Good, now you gotta plan out a date for you two. Make it special for our girl." Yena insisted.

"Got it bosses."

"Now get up and go find your girl." Chaeyeon pushes him up from the chair.

"Fine fine. I'll see you guys at Mina's later. You better be there Chaeyeon, no excuses today." Youngmin said, saying goodbye.

"I can't believe all it took was Youngmin over hearing our conversation for them to actually get somewhere in this." Naeun laughed.

They got up once the bell rang, packing their things up.

"We'll talk about this more tonight. I'll see you guys at my house, and I mean all of you." Mina looked towards Chaeyeon.

"We'll see you, don't worry."

- n i n e t e e n -