t h i r t y f o u r : not so secretive after all

n o t    s o    s e c r e t i v e    a f t e ra l l

n o t s o s e c r e t i v e a f t e r
a l l

"Chaeyeon!" Jaebeom yelled, causing her to get startled. "Tell me right now."

"I've been getting these messages for the last month." She whispered, her head down.

"What do these messages say?" Bomin asked.

Chaeyeon took out her phone and unlocked it, placing it on the table in front of her so they could look at it. Jaebeom grabbed it and scrolled through the messages from the last month; the others peaking over so they could read it also.

Jaebeom heavily sighed, bringing his hand to his forehead, rubbing it. He bent and picked up one of the notes that also had condescending messages.

"Chaeyeon...why wouldn't you tell us? Who's sending these to you?" Naeun asked concerned.

"Is it the same person writing these to you?" Jungwon referenced the notes. She nodded her head.

"Who?" Yena asked angrily.

"Jeongyu a-and someone else."

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I was embarrassed." She sniffled.

"Embarrassed," Soojin said in disbelief. "Chae, what are you even on about? This is something serious."

Chaeyeon rushed up from the chair, "you d-don't think I know that!" She raised her voice, shocking them. "I'm embarrassed because I'm weak, a-and can't even stand up for myself against a couple of words and stupid notes! I can't even stand up for myself!"

"I'm embarrassed that even after years, I'm still struggling to stand up against the one person that's been playing with me. The person who took everything away from me in seconds before. What if she does it again? Do you really think I want to go through that again? That I wanna lose my friends again!" Her voice strained.

"Chaeyeon you know we'll never leave you, not now not ever." Youngmin affirmed.

"I almost lost Sunghoon, how do I know that I won't lose you guys."

"You know you won't lose us." Soojin said, "when you had to first go through it, I was there. And I still am Chaeyeon."

Jaebeom sighed, still rubbing his head, "You guys should leave for now. We'll see you tomorrow." They obeyed, saying goodbye for the day.

Sunghoon by for a second. A somber expression on his face. "Go home for now Sunghoon, she'll be fine." He patted his back.