chapter thirty

𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚞𝚕𝚝...

𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝙸 𝚑𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚛.
__________________________________

“Today we'll go back to Linphea,” Helia announced to his wife as they both strolled down the hallway, somewhere inside the castle, to locate Aisha and Nabu. “In such a crucial time, Linphea would need help from its guardian fairy.”

Flora nodded, mending her shirt. “Yeah, that's right. I have to create a barrier, somehow, to protect the whole planet. Hopefully, some other major fairies could give me a hand.”

“By the way, when you fainted last night, the other planets still tried to close those portals but it kept sending weird vibes.” Helia brought up, gazing at the brunette to make sure she was following along and wasn't misplaced in thoughts. “Then suddenly, boom, they disappeared.”

“Was that all that happened or am I missing more?” She sighed, trying to make space in her mind to receive any more information. Right now she was envying of Tecna's talent to remember many things without struggling.

He sighed, rolling up his sleeves. “Sadly, not. The Trix struck, again.”

Flora grabbed his arm, stopping from walking any further, bringing him to turn around. “They what? Where and who's hurt?”

“No one's hurt, thankfully. They wanted to deliver a message, I'm still unaware about but Nabu will fill us in soon about it.”

“A message?”

“Yeah, everyone's going crazy and I'm pretty sure that even the farthest realms are now all aware they're not in prison anymore.”

“Is that the reason why the Royal Council couldn't wait and urged every royal yesterday to attend a meeting except for us Winx members despite our circumstances?” Flora questioned, which took Helia in surprise. “There are a lot of gossiping workers around here.” She turned around, eyeing a maid who was giving the brunette a dirty look before running away.

“I mean, yeah, they did, but that was because you were all unconscious and you couldn't attend. I did my best to defend you.” He tried to convince his wife but it wasn't it.

“Mmh.” Flora walked away and entered the nearest room which was the ballroom where Aisha and Nabu were talking to a few guards.

The water fairy noticed her friends enter following by a confused Helia and she instantly went to meet her.

“Flora!” Aisha tried to keep up with her long gown. “People are about to protest and try to break in into the castle.”

“Wait, what? Why?”

“They're complaining we knew about the Trix escaping situation but didn't act or do anything, which pisses me off because they don't know about our sacrifices to plan how to handle them. Ugh, the flaws of being a queen.” She grabbed her friend by her arm and dragged her away from Helia so they could talk just the two of them. “You know about last night?”

Flora pushed her hair behind her ear, crossing her arms as she shrugged her shoulders. “What do you mean? I barely remember. I'm clueless, I don't know what's going anymore.”

“Same. For the moment, I'll wait for Nabu to do his speech so we'll be fine after then...” Aisha turned around to look at their surroundings before she continues. “Tonight. Will she find us?”