chapter nine

The castle was bold on the blue beyond. It stood there as if conjured from the storybook of a child. It was perfect. It is built of stones of varying sizes and shapes, each one unique. It was located beyond the river that divides the clouds and the sky. A young woman was standing at the rooftop of the castle, enjoying the nature around it while waving her hands in the air, as the wind softly blew on her plum hair.

Footsteps were heard, ruining the peace in the air, although the girl didn't bother to turn around, as she just kept staring at the sky, full of stars, even though it was daytime.

The Gods have done a great job with this place, don't you think?” A man, from not too far away, wearing a dark blue knight uniform with a long mantle that reached his heels kept going closer to the woman.

“So beautiful.” The woman mumbled and the man walked behind her and stopped five inches away from the woman, who still had her back on him. A smirk appeared slowly on his lips. “Like our love.”

In a second, the scene had changed. The colorful and peaceful sweet atmosphere was getting trapped by an enormous black cloud that covered every bit of the place.

“Did you really thought I loved you?” The mysterious man laughed very loudly at the woman, who was now kneeled in front of him.

“What-- I mean y-yeah?” The woman struggled to talk and lifted her head, to look straight into his flaming peachy eyes.

“Oh, Valiana, please. I could never love someone like you. You're a monster. Look at what you've done to me. Think about what you did to her too.” He pointed at a little girl, not very far from the two.

She was wearing a silvery dress that was barely past her knees, her feet were naked and her long platinum waist-length hair fell perfectly on her shoulders. Her skin was pale and her ruby-coloured eyes looked lifeless as she stared at the woman.

“How could we ever love you?” The man insisted, turning his back on her.

“I--”

“No one will ever love you. No one.”

“Stop!” Valiana yelled back at him, as she tilts her head down, looking at the floor. Her vision became blurry as tears began to fall, down her rosy cheeks.

“Poor little Valiana. Where's your dark side gone? Don't hide it.” His smirk became wider, and with a spell, he hit the woman in the chest, straight in her heart.

Valiana instantly stood up from her bed, holding her head while taking breaths, as it must have been a dream. She looked at herself from the mirror in front of her, and right at that moment the moon's light, coming from the window next to her, shone in her eyes. They were not crimson red anymore, they turned into dark ebony.

“Stupid.” She murmured, referring back to the man in her dreams, but then her mood changed when she thought about the little girl, making her eyes go back to red as her voice broke in the next sentence. “What have I done?”

~~~

The Winx were all in Tecna's room, as it strangely seemed the best place to discuss their plans with Trix if they should do something about it or leave it to the Magix authorities. Since the technology fairy secretly installed a machine in the walls of her bedroom, to make everything said in the room stayed in the room, and no one from outside could overhear them. They also warned the Specialists to not barge in the room, because they'll be talking about ‘girls’ stuff, as an excuse to keep them off.