chapter ten

“The ride will be quite long, so I should be back by tonight or tomorrow morning,” Helia informed his wife, as he stood from the main seat controlling the spaceship after adjusting some control settings. He wanted to hug Flora, but his daughter, Lilian, was already in his arms and didn't plan to let her father go.

“Oh, it's fine. Take as much time you need with your mother and also spend time with your father too. Tell them I said hi.” Flora smiled and been able to hug Helia the moment Lilian got back on her feet. She wrapped her arms around his neck while he wrapped his around her waist and he rested his chin on her shoulder.

“But, why do you have to go daddy?” Lilian pulled his shirt, to get her father's attention. Flora and Helia turned to her but remained in each other's arms.

“Grandma needs me right now. She's not doing very well and I should check on her.” Helia stated, as he still had an arm around Flora's waist, while he offered Lilian to come up to him with the other arm, and she did.

“Can me and mommy come with you to see how's Grandma doing then?” Lilian rested her head on her father's shoulder, and Helia rested his head on her head while Flora was gently fixing his hair.

“I really wish you would come, but I think you guys should stay here, okay?” Helia said, attempting to sound convincible to the girls.

“Are you absolutely sure you don't want me to come with you?” Flora sadly asked, as she also rested her head on her husband's shoulder.

“I want you to enjoy your time with your friends because that's what I planned for you for this holiday, my love. To have fun.” Helia kissed Flora's forehead, making her blush and smile for having a husband like him. He also kissed Lilian's head before letting her back down, back on her feet and Flora took her hand.

“You be safe!” Flora said worryingly, then took his left hand with her left hand as they crossed fingers. She kissed his wedding ring as he kissed her wedding ring. They would usually do this when one of them is off to somewhere for a while. “Wish good luck from me and Lilian to your mother!” Flora let go of his hand and she and Lilian initiated walking off the spaceship.

“Bye, daddy!” Lilian waved to her father, once they were off the spaceship. Helia waved back, but the spaceship's ramp was closing, and slowly hiding Helia inside until it was fully closed.

Helia could see his wife and daughter stepping back from the spaceship, as it's too dangerous to stay near while in the process of taking off. He sat on the main seat and started the engine. He clicked another few buttons, then the spaceship commenced lifting off. The impact provoked a wind blast, and Flora put her arm over herself and Lilian behind her until the spaceship was gone into the sky and the wind has calmed down.

...

“You're so lucky, man. What a good liar you are! My wife would already suspect I'm doing something behind her back.” A young man laughed at Helia, who just rolled his eyes at his phone, from which the voice came as he was in a voice call.

“I didn't lie and I'm not doing anything behind Flora's back, Sebastian. I am visiting my mother, but not for too long. I have something else to do.” Helia told, seriously.

“Why don't you just let the fairies do the job, man. They saved the Magic Dimension, like how many times?”

“I don't know. I just... have this feeling something will happen, after that dream--”

The same memories of the dream flashed back in his mind, they were so constant he started getting a headache he had to hold his head with one hand while the other hand manoeuvred the controls.