chapter twenty-two

In a very far place, in a lost kingdom that has lived for centuries, monstrous creatures of every type lived alongside humans, although their stay wasn't as pleasing. Humans would deliberately abuse those creatures when they were at their weakest: they would beat them, torture them, hang them up, burn them alive.

Humans made them live in a nightmare. They didn't have a piece of compassion for who wailed for mercy and sympathy before being forced to encounter death.

Those creatures were most commonly known as God's biggest mistake. Throughout decades, they started getting aggressive and stand up for themselves. They moreover started to exterminate the human nation, without pity.

In this world, there were only two rulers to control the population. The Gods created them to have them administer their people and insure them.

The first ruler was the most powerful and dominant, it was believed he was more powerful than the other ruler just because the main source of his powers came directly from the divine Sun, that shone most of the day when humans and animals would live their lives in peace and have fun thanks to his protection. In the other hand, the other ruler had to deal with the children of the night as her main power source came from the divine Moon, who only appeared throughout the night, where most creatures would be up and wandering around, terrorizing humans.

Everyone learnt their names: Light Ruler and Dark Ruler.

The Light Ruler was the humans’ saviour.

The Dark Ruler was the humans’ enemy.

Most people loved being in the presence of the Light Ruler, asking for protection and would pray every day to the Gods, wishing for the monsters to ‘rot in hell’. The Dark Ruler started to envy his position; he was loved by everyone, even the Gods appreciated his work more than ever and never really paid attention to the Dark Ruler. Even the people felt disgusted knowing a person like the Dark Ruler was in between.

The Dark Ruler got fed up and since they could control most of the world at nighttime, given that's when their power level was its peak, they started letting its inhabitants wander around freely even at daytime, and could do everything they wanted to do. Killing included.

The Gods couldn't accept such behaviour and so, the Light Ruler came to know about this and declared war against the Dark Ruler.

Unfortunately, when the war started, the Darkworld seemed to have the majority than the humans from the Lightworld, but even so, humans occurred with high divine power alternates that got them to be able to conquer the opposite nation of monsters and destroy part of them precisely close to hastily.

The Dark Ruler couldn't handle to be defeated, so they had to take the matter into their own hands and fool the other ruler. And so one day, the Dark Ruler disguised themselves as a woman, lost in the forest, crying out for help, knowing the Light Ruler would be around to defend her.

He eventually found her and when he lay his eyes on her, he fell in love of her beauty and immediately bought her in his kingdom and asked the workers and his population to give her the best service and treat her wounds. Strangely, the Dark Ruler liked his kind gestures and for a while, stepped back on the idea of killing him for another day.

Just a few days have passed and the two fell in love with each other. A love that wasn't supposed to happen and was a disgrace for the Gods, but, for their unfortunate, they couldn't intervene because what was going on was a matter between the two rulers. Although, if the two would have married, that meant the human world would join with the dark world and the ultimate catastrophe would be moving to happen.