chapter thirty-six

“Hey, Vali.”

“Hm?”

“What's an afterlife?”

“Heaven.”

“Oh no, no, no, no! Don't you dare leave me!” Valiana knelt, next to the young little girl's pale body. She lifted her onto her lap, her head on her arm while with the other hand she was holding Alena's hand.

“Hey, look, can you see it?” Alena chuckled, pointing at the night sky, but Valiana was confused about what she was talking about. “This light... I can see the light, sister. It's so bright and... warm.”

The girl's eyes were shining anymore as they began to lose their ruby lively shade.

“Alena, p-please stay with m-me, please!” She cried as she kept panicking over her injured body and debating what to do to save her but she didn't have any knowledge of how to do so. “I am so, so sorry! Why would you do that?!”

“Because I need to protect my big sister. You said we needed to look after each other, so I did what I should have done. I'm a hero, right? Are you... proud of me?”

Valiana felt something strike her emotionally as a sole tear strolled down from her ruby eyes she nodded. She did have someone who loved her after all past her flaws.

“I'm... I am incredibly proud of you, Alena. Okay? Okay?!”

“I know I'm dying so... I love you, Vali. I'll always will, okay?” Alena smiled and as her eyes closed, she had an awfully long conclusive breath. Valiana burst into tears, gripping her hand tighter as her tears kept flowing down nonstop. 

The battle didn't matter anymore at the moment to her, she just wanted her sister back with her. She knew she would regret this even more deeply.

“I never comprehended how much I hurt you, Alena. I love you so much.” Valiana lifted her head on her shoulder as she cried on her sister's cold shoulder. Suddenly, Alena's body illuminated and pieces of light, dissolving from her body, started to float in the air which Valiana ended up hugging empty air. “Please, don't go.”

~~~

Now...

“It is me, sister. Do not be afraid.” The spectrum stepped closer as the soldiers were petrified and moved out of the way so Valiana was visible as well as the Specialists with Bloom and Flora.

“Shut up! I know this is my ego's doing! You're dead, I have seen it with my own two eyes!” The purple-haired villain cried as she grabbed her head and closed her eyes to continue believing that she was right.

“Valiana, I am dead.”

Nabu leaned closer to Sky's ear, whispering, “Who's that? Her daughter or something?”

“Didn't you just hear her saying ‘sister’?” Bloom pointed out rather than Sky to bother replying, then she turned around to witness the current moment, which just shocked everyone on the site.

The spectrum noticed the others standing, almost looking petrified, a few metres behind, away from Valiana. She walked around, standing in front of Bloom and Flora.