chapter twelve

"And then daddy saved us and bought us back home in Linphea on a pink dragon!" Lilian exclaimed, very proudly, as she finished explaining her dream she had last night to her mother, Flora, both sat on Flora and Helia's matrimonial bed since the nature fairy let Lilian sleep with her for the night. "Daddy is a hero!"

"He is." Flora nodded dreamily, thinking about her husband who still hasn't come back yet from his visit to his mother.

"Mommy, how did you and daddy meet?" Lilian asked as she looked at the wedding ring on Flora's ring finger from her left hand.

"When you're older I'll tell you all about it, okay?" Flora brushed her fingers in Lilian's messy morning hair as she admired her daughter's baby face. "You're so beautiful, did you know?"

Lilian smiled and nodded. "Daddy reminds me every day that I'm beautiful." The little girl's face changed expression after a few seconds and she started playing with her hands.

"What's the matter Li?" The nature fairy noticed the change of mood from her daughter as she bought her closer to her arms.

"When is daddy coming back, I miss him being here with us," Lilian confessed while rubbing her eyes, as she just has woken up.

"Aw, soon baby. He should be on his way home." Flora stretched her arm out to get her phone from the bedside table to check the time and if she had new messages. "While so, we should brush our teeth and go have breakfast. What do you want to eat?"

"Um... ooh, I know! Auntie Bloom's special pancakes, please?" Lilian pleaded as she clapped her hands when she got the idea and Flora snickered.

"Okay, I'll ask her later. Go to the bathroom and wait for me in front of the sink. Oh, if you want, you can grab your toothbrush but wait for mommy to help you put toothpaste on," Flora instructed the little girl and she gave one last kiss to Lilian then let her go. She quickly turned on her phone and notice a new notification from 'My Lovey♡'.

✉✉✉
My Lovey

- Sorry, babe, I forgot to call you yesterday.

- I meant to tell you I was staying the night in. Father really wanted me to be there for him too.

- How's my Lily doing though? :)

She misses you! And I do too.

As long as you're doing fine, I'm okay where you are.

- Sometimes I ask myself how did I get so lucky to have you.

- I'll be back soon, miss you too.

✉✉✉

The nature fairy sighed, but then smiled, knowing Helia will return to her and Lilian. "I'm coming now!" Flora hurried, in case her daughter already tried reaching out for the toothpaste, since the last time Flora let Lilian go to the bathroom for a second, she came back to her daughter with toothpaste on her hair and arms.

"Mommy, how does the mirror know what I look like?" Lilian innocently questioned, pointing at herself in the mirror, making Flora chuckle.

"It's a reflection, which means it tells us how we look like." Flora explained as she put the toothpaste for kids on her daughter's toothbrush. "Grandma always told me 'Mirrors shows us what we look like but not who we are. Smile at it and it'll smile at you back'." Flora recited her mother's kind words. Lilian smiled at the mirror, as it did the same at her, making her gasp and laugh.