chapter fourteen

“Wait, say that again? Faragonda is what? Who else?” Helia's voice sounded as if he was broken and shocked, which he was, but he felt it, even more, when he looked at the confused face of his wife.

Faragonda and Miss Ofelia, the school nurse, were found in the infirmary this morning by Griselda. Their bodies were declared to be lifeless this morning.

“What?!” Flora exclaimed, putting a hand on her mouth as she was shaken when she heard the old man and her lip seemed to tremble. She just couldn't believe that Alfea's headmistress was gone, just like that. “Faragonda is d-dead?” Flora sobbed, and Helia hugged her sideways to comfort, while still holding the phone on the other hand.

“Mommy, what's going on?” Lilian saddened, at the sight of her mother sobbing, as sensitive she is. The little girl wrapped her arms around her mother's leg, resting her chin on it as she looked up to her.

“Okay then, we'll be right there.” Helia hangs up, as he put his phone back in his pocket and immediately turned Flora to face him as he rested his hands on her shoulders. “It's not what you think, Faragonda's not dead.”

“But-- I heard Saladin say her and Ofelia's body are lifeless. Doesn't that mean they're dead?” Flora felt a drip of her tears spill down her face.

“Yeah about that..” Helia scratched the back of his neck as Flora sniffed.

“Hey-- hey Flo, what's going on?!” Bloom approached the nature fairy, side hugging her since Lilian was on the other side, embracing her leg.

“Bloom, I need you and the Winx to go to Alfea. It's important.” Helia told the red-headed hair fairy.

“It's Faragonda...” Flora mumbled sobbing, wiping her tears as she still thought Faragonda was dead.

“Did she call?! How's she?” Bloom asked, curiously, also remembering the Trix's grins when they found Faragonda laying on the floor, which made her mad at the moment and was quite impatient on hearing updates from her.

“Saladin said it's an emergency for you and the Winx to come to see something,” Helia informed as he picked up Lilian and Flora and Bloom looked at each other, both knowing that something must be wrong, then they to announce to the rest of the Winx, who were waiting for them in the playroom.

↑➸↓

“Miss Faragonda?!” The Winx stormed in Alfea's school infirmary, where they been informed the headmistress was resting, along with Miss Ofelia. There was also Griselda, holding a tissue up her brown eyes and Saladin was mourning in silence, holding his weight onto his stick.

The headmistress' and school nurse's bodies were laying on the beds. When the girls got closer to them, they noticed they both had full white eyes, not their normal ones, without life. Their skin was extremely pale and withered like it was getting older and older.

“Oh, my,” Flora was left speechless, like the other girls as they slowly walked to their beds. The Specialists arrived behind them, along with their children, since they didn't have time to find someone to look after them so they took the children with them.

“Saladin, Inspector Griselda, w-what happened?” Musa broke down, closing her mouth with her hand and Riven quickly got hold of her as their daughter Serenity watched, confused. The other guys promptly got their children out of the room, back to the spaceship, as they didn't want them to see.

The Winx were extremely close to Faragonda, as she was their fairy godmother, given that she helped through their journey from the beginning to the end in Alfea as successful fairies in the Magic Dimension.