chapter thirty-one

𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚍𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛? 𝙳𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚜?

𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚖𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝙸 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚒𝚗? 𝙱𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚗? 𝙼𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 - 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑. 𝙸 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚕𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍. 𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚘𝚍𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚜𝚘?

𝙽𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝙸 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍, 𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚍, 𝚢𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍. 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚜.

𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚒𝚝. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛, 𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚢.

𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚐𝚘...

______________________________

“She's been missing for three days, Sebastian! Three days!” Helia cried out in pain as he was on his phone and he couldn't keep up to stay still. “Bro, stop talking nonsense and do something!”

Helia, stop raising your voice at me--

The dark-haired man punched the wall next to him, causing a picture of him and Flora fall from the same wall. “Your wife is the Queen of Linphea-- Linphea's guardian fairy is missing and she's just chilling?! Talk to Krystal!”

Sebastian hanged up the call on him.

“Selfish Royals!” He tightens his fist then noticed the picture on the floor and quickly hurries to pick it up but the glass was broken. “Argh.” He put the picture away and started picking up the pieces of glasses.

His mind was so focused on Flora's unknown whereabouts and wellbeing, he accidentally cut his hand and embarked to hold back the pain, because Lilian was still sleeping since it's early in the morning.

Helia carried the last chunks and tossed them out then aided his hand himself. Right at that moment, little steps were heard coming down the stairs, fast.

“Dad?”

“Kitchen!” Helia was about to get up but Lilian already found him.

Lilian rubbed her eyes and climbed up onto the chair next to her father as she sighed and her hair was all messy. “I give up, why is Mom playing hide-n-seek for so long?”

“Urm, don't worry. Soon she'll give up and we win, okay?” Her pushed her hair off from her eyes, adoring her emerald eyes, reminding of Flora.