chapter seventeen

“Hello Winx, if this hasn't been a while!” Mitzi said, sarcastically, clearly faking acting like she was shocked to see the fairies as she walked closer to Brandon.

“Please, don't tell me you still wear those ridiculous glasses?” Stella sarcastically chuckled, making Mitzi frown in irritation as the other girls snickered too.

“Stella! What a surprise to see you again... What happened to your diet? You look chubby.” Chimera, one of the past rivals of Stella, stepped in with her comment, as she still had her accent on that hasn't aged since the sun fairy heard of her voice.

“Uhm, because I had a child?! And from what I recall, you should be behind bars of Solaria's cells for what you caused to my father!” Stella rested her hands on her hips, tapping her foot impatiently and mad to see Chimera's smirk.

“Well, a certain person decided to let me out, which is why I'm here, to thank Your Majesty,” Chimera pointed at the brown-haired young man, who already knew he was in trouble by the look of his wife's expression.

“What-- what is wrong with you?!” The Queen of Solaria continued shooting a glare at the King.

“I thought I was doing a good thing!” Brandon quickly replied, putting his hands in the air defensively.

“How did you know he was here, first of all? Are you stalking your King?” Tecna finally said, mocking Chimera for her behaviour, after she and Aisha been hiding their grin because the drama that was going on was too much for them.

“Oh no-no-no, this gathering was completely unintentional. You see, I actually live around here now, with my best friend Mitzi. She's such a kind beautiful girl! She's the one who offered me to stay here.” Chimera and Mitzi flipped their long dark hair at the same time, almost hitting Stella and Flora in the face. “Anyway, how are you doing Stella--?”

“It's Your Highness for you.” The blonde-haired girl corrected Chimera, who groaned in jealousy and anger then sighed to calm down.

“We're a bit grumpy here, uh?” Mitzi challenged Stella, given that she wasn't born in Solaria so her royal place wouldn't affect her at all as much as Chimera.

“Who are you talking to? Do you want to see who's the grumpy one here?! I'll--”

“Stella, chill.” Brandon grabbed his wife's shoulders and pulled her aside because he knew she would break something if she wouldn't calm down.

“Don't forget she's the Queen of Solaria,” Flora informed, trying to make the black-haired young woman remember to what kind of person she's referring to.

“Pfft, how does that concern me?” Mitzi smiled, stepping up and waiting for a response as she knew didn't have anything to do with anything about Solaria.

“Because, dear Mitzi, she's also the guardian fairy of the planet and the one who keeps the sun shining. You should be pretty grateful because for that.” Aisha smirked, knowing she was right and made Mitzi clench her teeth, also because she hated the word ‘fairy’; she was very jealous of Stella's powers and she didn't have anything she had.

“Yo, what's going on in here?” Riven came, alongside Helia, since they were both curious to see the scene. Chimera looked at the magenta-haired guy then stared at his violet eyes, thinking he was coming in her direction, she composed herself, ready to greet him but he changed direction to the drinks on the trays behind her. “There they are! I was waiting out there for my drink you know! Stop wasting time with those girls and let's go.”

Stella huffed and was the first one to take her leave, back to the spot she was earlier with the others, mostly because she wanted to see her daughter, followed by Brandon. Riven took his own drink and walked away too, leaving Timmy to frown because for a moment he thought Riven would've helped him carry the trays and Helia shook his head in disbelief although there was no surprise there. Tecna rolled her eyes and helped her husband carry those trays as the rest started to leave too.