chapter eighteen

“I really don't think that's going to work. We should just end our holiday here and head back to our Kingdom and have a protocol meeting.” Sky, yet, insisted, putting his hands in his pocket as he watched his wife and her friends. “Bloom, seriously, listen to me--”

“Sky, can you be quiet for a second. I can't concentrate!” The red-haired girl shot a glare at her husband and he scoffed. Bloom turned around, back to her position and closed her eyes. She sighed, then she and the Winx altogether continued shooting a spell to reinforce the barrier they been working on for at least more than ten hours.

After the message they received from Her Excellence herself, the Winx could hear that voice repeating in their heads all night long. From morning, they talked it out and believed they should put a protective shield over their mansion until they know further through.

“For once I agree with blondie right here. This idea of yours is stupid.” Riven put his hands in his jeans' pockets, confused about the girls' behaviour.

“Ugh,” Musa fell on her knees, as she was out of breath and drained of magic for a while. “You guys are so annoying.” She told in between pants.

“I thought we told you all the reason. Do you guys even know whoever was that? I have never seen anyone do that kind of power. Talking to us in our minds... a-and we were even all together!” Stella blurted out, resting her hands on her thighs.

“Let me just say something then. All of you are just exaggerating and going crazy. I can see you girls really took a long break from enemies. One comes and you are scared as a bunny.” Riven commented, not thinking twice and when he met his girlfriend's eyes, he knew he should've thought twice before talking.

“Hey!--” Nabu came running out to the guys and girls arguing, waving a letter in his hand and when he finally approached, he stopped to catch a breath then continued. “Bloom, Aisha, Stella and Sky, come right away. The Royal Council has requested our presence and wants to talk to us about some things.”

The girls looked at each other, worried, then the three Queens nodded okay. The three royal young women and Sky followed Nabu back inside to have a talk with the Royal Council and made their way to where this meeting was going to happen, via hologram call since they don't have the time to go all the way back to their castles.

Flora was just looking at her friends walk away when she heard something in the bush next to her. The nature fairy blinked repeatedly, confused about what she saw then thought it might be her daydreaming again since she was tired or it could be just the wind.

Tecna walked next to Flora, to see what she was looking that was so interesting. “Flo, you good-- what the heck?!” Tecna involuntary cussed but for her, the bush was moving in a suspicious way. “What's in there?” Tecna lifted her hand, ready to shoot a shot at the bush with the last bit of magic she has in her but Flora quickly lowered her hand down as soon she noticed something.

“Wait, Tec, don't shoot...” Flora let go of her friend's arm as she slowly walked towards the shrub and gasped as soon she saw what was causing all that noise. “Oh my, it's a bird... ble-bleeding!”

“Aw, poor little one! How did it get in there?” Musa awed and put her hand on her chest, in shock, as Flora picked the fragile bird up.

“Oh c'mon, it's just a bird,” Riven scoffed, this time getting a glare from all the three fairies, mostly Musa affected him most.

“Will you shut up, for once.” The music fairy mumbled and aggressively hit her boyfriend with her elbow on his arm, making him wince in pain and quickly closed his mouth so he could bite his lip as hard as he could to hesitate the discomfort.