chapter thirteen

Previously...

Bloom was about to go back reading the magazine when she suddenly heard Flame scream. Flame stopped chasing her brother as she felt a painful headache and fell on her knees while holding her head. “M-mom! My head!”

“What?” Bloom instantly stood up from where she sat with the girls, who were either on the phone or chatting about something before Flame started to shout. The girls all had worried expression and also followed Bloom, who this time was running across the room to get to Flame. “Flame tell me, what's wrong?!” Bloom knelt down and started to check on her daughter to try to see what was going on but couldn't understand.

“It hurts mommy, make it stop!” Flame kept on holding her head and looked up to her mother, who suddenly gasped as she couldn't believe her eyes what she just saw. Right at that moment, her daughter seemed to calm down as she unexpectedly closed her eyes and collapsed in her mother's arms.

“F-Flame?! Flame!” Bloom exclaimed as she shook her daughter to wake her up but didn't work.

···

Now...

“Bloom, what just happened?” Aisha questioned her friend as soon as she saw that facial expression on Bloom earlier. The other girls were worried too of what was going on.

“I don't know! She needs help.” Bloom started to panic as she held closely Flame to her and started to cry since she never witnessed such a thing to one of her children.

“Should we call Sky or something?” Stella said, bit panicking too.

“Shouldn't we actually call an ambulance?” Musa asked as a suggestion as she knelt next to Bloom to stay close to her to support her. At this point, the other kids who were playing, quiet down as they saw what was happening, except for Aqua, Scarlett and Serenity, who kept on playing around, not quite understanding what was happening.

“No Musa, I don't think the ambulance in Earth would be much help with Flame, also being a fairy.” Tecna acknowledged as she put her right hand on her chin like she always does when she starts to think about something.

“Maybe I can try with my healing spells and find some remedy? I can also see what might be wrong. I may not be a doctor, but I do know some things..” Flora proposed a bit shyly, to Bloom. After all, she was very good at these kinds of things. “What do you think?”

“I think you should let Flora test first. It's a good idea.” Aisha said, supporting Flora's proposal as she put a hand on her friend's shoulder. The others also nodded and looked at Bloom to wait for a response.

“O--...o-okay. Thanks, Flora, I appreciate it.” Bloom wiped her tears and stood up, with Flame still unconscious in her arms. “Let's go to my room if that's fine.”

“We'll wait here, Bloom. Go on with Flora while we'll look after this little monsters.” Stella said, making Bloom laugh a little at her. Musa was already gone, forced by her daughter Serenity to come with her to play and Aisha was on the floor, being tackled down by Aqua and Scarlett.

“Tell us when she'll wake up. And, don't worry! I bet everything is going to be fine. We're talking about the Fairy of the Dragon Flame's daughter. Her name is basically in there!” Tecna said, stating facts, just to support Bloom as it made her smile a little as she looked back at Flame in her arms.

“Thank you, girls. Really. All I hope right now if she's okay.” Bloom wiped the last tear rolling down her cheek. All she could think about is why did her daughter had this sudden attack, and what she saw before she collapsed, made everything even more confusing.