chapter twenty-four

118th  day  of  the  year
Nighttime, near morning

~~~

“We have literally been walking for hours! It's almost sunrise!”

“Just continue walking.”

“I am! Sometimes I wonder why can't I fly.” Valiana rested her hand on the tree next to her to massage her foot.

Iron flew around her then stopped in front of her. “The flower could help you with that if you hurry! We don't have much time, Valiana.”

“Why? What's so important you don't have time?” The violet-haired young woman frowned in concern.

“Forget it-- look! The cave's there!” The demon pointed at a point outside the forest.

“You're right, I think I can see it. C'mon, let's go.”

“I'll wait here... You can go while I stay to guard the territory. There are a few friends with us out here...” Iron's whip was now in her hand. She whisked at something in between the trees, where she pulled a huge werewolf twice her size. “Ahh, it's you.”

The werewolf's loudly growled at Iron. She laughed.

“Don't tell me you're still mad my people eliminated half of your pack?”

Valiana was shivering at the size of the creature standing above her. “Iron, who's that?!”

“Oh, just an old friend. Meet the Alpha and her minions,” Iron waved her hand and the supernatural werewolf almost bit her arm off. “Oop, we have a bit of an attitude today. Woke up from the wrong side of the bed?”

Yet, another growl. A few other smaller werewolves surrounded the two.

“What's he so mad for?!”

“He is actually a she--”

“Watch out!” Valiana pointed at a werewolf jumping towards the Demon Queen.

“Pfft, I got the hang of this, I like catching up with old friends. You go!” Iron's whip shone bright red and slapped the werewolf away. She looked at the next few werewolves. “Who's next, uh?”

Valiana runs into the cave, but it was too dark for her to see so she enchanted a few words and stole a small proportion of the Moon's light. She kept walking but the cave seemed to get longer and longer and the violet-haired woman couldn't see the end of it.

“This is getting tiring-- I... see something..” Valiana fastened her pace towards a ball of light.

There lied the mystical plant. The moment she stepped closer, what was only green a moment before has become one of the most vibrant blooms. As she kneeled, obstructed by the voluminous light and power, Valiana held the flower in her fingertips so that it did not touch her scuffed palms.

How was it that in all this chaos, this delicate bloom survived?

Valiana's eyes widened in happiness. “So... much energy. And... it's all mine.”

As she muttered these words, her bright violet hair darkened to a very darkish purple, her eyes became even brighter and evil. Her soul also darkened. This was the power of the flower was doing to her; it was corrupting her mind because of its power.

“A... petal is missing?” Valiana carefully caressed the missing spot. “Don't worry, my sweet flower, you will soon shine with all of your petals.”

...

“You found it?” Iron questioned, still in a battle with the werewolf alpha. - “Hello, I'm talking to you.” - She sarcastically reminded, waving her hands.