chapter seven

“Hello Aqua, how are you doing?” Flora chuckled, as Aisha gave her seven-month-old daughter Aqua, to her nature fairy friend to hold.

It was nearly midday, and the two fairies were in Flora's room, sitting in her bed, waiting for their husbands to return and while so, they're spending the time together, with their children present with them. Lilian and Zale were playing in Lilian's room but the door was left open so Flora and Aisha could keep an eye on them.

“Oh, weird. Usually, she would cry and make a whole scene if someone else other than her parents hold her. She must really like you.” Aisha smiled while fixing her daughter's curls then her little shirt.

“Really?”

Aisha nodded and Flora smiled at the water fairy.

“Well, I'm honoured, Princess Aqua.” The little baby giggled and moved on messing around with Flora's hair, then Lilian and Zale came out running to their mothers. “Lils, your room isn't a mess, right? I hope you haven't left your toys around.” Flora said, moving Aqua on her lap, so she was sat facing the front as she was at the same time busy playing with a toy. Lilian put her index finger on her cheek, trying to remember if she did what her mother said.

“Mom, can we play outside today?” Zale said, putting his elbows on his mother's lap, and locking his hands together to show he really wants to go outside.

“Zale, baby boy, you don't need to beg me. Of course, you can. But first, we have to wait for daddy, then have lunch, then you guys can go play, but you also got to remember today you're taking a nap, so you won't be outside for long.” Aisha explained through, and Zale just let himself fall on the ground. “What are you doing?” Aisha sighed, knowing Zale, he'll complain about something.

“But, I want to go out now!” Zale started to yell, and throw his arms while Aisha just calmly looked at him and took her phone out. Lilian was smiling a little at Zale, Flora was softly giggling at Aisha not doing nothing and baby Aqua was just minding her own business, by playing.

Aisha put her phone back, as she waved her hands in the air, mumbling to herself why her son has to act like this, then she crossed her arms at Zale, waiting for him to stop whining.

“Is everything okay?” Flora asked her friend, sounding a bit chuckling. Aisha nodded, but her face seemed annoyed. Aqua turned to Aisha and started to make noises to show she wanted to go to her mother. Aisha picked Aqua from Flora, while still waiting for Zale to finish.

“Are you done? Look at how you're acting. In front of Flora and Lilian.” Aisha said, making Zale quiet down. “He always been a crybaby, don't worry,” Aisha whispered to Lilian, jokingly then winked at the little girl and Flora laughed too.

At that right moment, the door opened, showing Helia and Nabu, holding some shopping bags. Zale stood up, crossing his arms, while the others greeted the two men.

“What's wrong with you, little man? Why are you sulking?” Nabu teased, as he kissed Aisha's head and caressed Aqua's cheek, while still waiting for a response from his son. Helia put the bags he was holding next to the bed, and then went to the bathroom, without saying ‘hello’ or anything to Flora, which made her wonder what was up with him.

“He wants to go play outside now, but I told him to wait, that he'll go later. Then he did the whole ‘fall on the floor and yell 'til he gets what he wants’. ” Aisha said while getting up. Nabu sighed, and just gave a look at Zale.