34. Turmoil

"Lee Y/N!"

Bright lights, that's what he remembered.

  You were pushed away with force of the elder's hands and staggered forward, only to lose your balance and trip, falling in the middle of the road. Jimin could barely do it, but he managed to get you out of the scene, being the target himself.

Your eyes widened.

Horns, sirens. Loud, piercing noise.

  He was pushed back almost immediately, the side of his body getting the impact of what hit him and he rolled to the opposite side. He hit his head and knew that it bled. His body experienced excruciating pain. He felt- no, he knew that something broke, other than his heart- but at least you weren't hit. At least you were safe. He felt his consciousness slipping, turned his head as much as he could to see you, who was calling out his name, and slowly closed his eyes. He knew he would be relieved of this pain soon. He just needed a rest.

  Forget about the tensions, all about the sorrows. Forget about what will happen tomorrow, and relax.

  That's what his mind told him amidst the pain. And he listened. Amongst the loud noise, amongst hurt and discomfort and sadness and all those physical and mental emotions battling inside of him; he took a deep, shakey breath and then everything turned black.

He would be back, he just needed a break.

  Horror-stricken, you pushed yourself up to be kneeling on the ground and slowly looked back. Both your palms were scratched and your knees hurt. Your breaths were already irregular but even more so when you realised what happened. You couldn't breath despite your lungs begging for air.

No, how could you do that?

  "J-ji-Jimin?" You asked in a daze, staring at the lifeless body laying down. His face had turned around, eyes barely open. They were looking at you. He gave you a smile- a slight curve of his lips even in this situation. And then his eyelids closed. You snapped out of your mind and crawled to him, tears in your eyes, fear in your heart. Breaths ragged. You shook his shoulders slightly. "Jimin, wh- c-can you hear me? Jimin! Jimin, Jimin please!"

  Your arms trembled, how could you do this? Were you so heartless? The car that had hit rushed off, the driver fleeing the scene. A few people had gathered around to see what the case was. You didn't know what to do, so jerked out your phone in an instant, about to call the ambulance when a number called you.

  Sliding your shaky finger on the phone, you held it to your ear, your figure shivering. The other person spoke first.

'Y/N-ah, I've been trying to reach Jimin but he-'

  "He got into an accident," you interrupted him, voice low, calm and monotonous. Namjoon was on the other line. He made a noise out of shock and your face twisted into anguish, starting to sob. "P-please help him! I-I dunno what to do!! Please come here!" You cried, more than just tears. You broke down on the phone while cradling Jimin's body in your arms. His head was bleeding, blood staining your hand and clothes. It made you cry harder. You choked on your own tears, your mind going chaotic because of the knowledge; you caused the accident. "Please come quick!"

  'Ah- calm down Y/N! Tell me where you are, I'm on my way,' his voice was calm, trying to surpress panic that was rising up inside him. You nodded and sniffed, telling him the address and what you saw near you. You checked his pulse, he was breathing, although it was strained. The long awaited siren was heard at last. Someone from around had probably called the ambulance.

  The vehicle stopped near you and people got out, checking on you and taking the injured man inside the van. They didn't let you in, nor did you fight to get in. You slowly stood up and stared at the doors closing, another car stopping near you at the moment.