22. Seollal

"Alright! Let's wrap it up for today."

  You almost fell on the floor from exhaustion. Today was tiring. Very tiring. Everyday was very tiring.

Exhausting.

  Hoseok; your dance teacher until the function, went out of the practice room after congratulating the students on their performances and giving them a thumbs up for the function. As your fellow students scattered about, you made your way to the changing rooms to change back in your school attire. The clothes that you were wearing for dance practice were soaked with your sweat.

  The function was due the day after tomorrow; a Saturday by the end of January. This function marked spring, a farewell to grade three students (your class) and also Seollal; the Korean New Year.

  Thinking about new year, you didn't remember officially celebrating the international day; just letting it pass around the time Jisu's wedding had taken place. That's how clueless you were about the things around you. Around those special dates revolving around the year or the changes in your environment. The toll of studies and this practice was a lot on you. But you had to balance the two; after all, it had taken great strength to persuade your parents to let you participate in the function. You had to be at least thankful for that by repaying them with good results of your academics.

  Maybe another reason also revolved as to why you were working so damn hard for the final exams. It could be to excel in entrance exams and get you in a good college but deep down you knew that wasn't exactly the case. The ulterior, intense motive of studying so hard- harder than the previous years- was to impress.

  Impress... you trailed off while getting out of the changing room. You were so deep in your thoughts as you walked through the hallways that you didn't notice someone creep up behind you.

"Hey Y/N-"

"Ah!!"

  You quickly turned around in defence mode to see a smirking Jungkook followed by a grinning Taemin both of whom joined your lonely walk.

  "You punk!" You gave Kook a punch on his arm as he appeared beside you. "I almost had a heart attack!"

  "You surely get one every time you enter Math class though," the grey-haired boy; Taemin pointed out and you kicked him to get him to shut up. "Ow-! Am I not right? You have full concentration in that class. Hell, you're even better than me in Math now."

  "Hmph! I was always better than you. I just didn't show it until now."

  "The mid-term result was boring this year," Jungkook yawned. "No tension-"

  "Minha got to the top five," the other boy pointed out. You only kept track of the conversation being thrown back and forth by the two boys on either sides of you now. "If that isn't interesting, then you both tied on first. Even the bloggers wrote an article about it."

"Jinja?"

  "You didn't see it?" Min asked Kook as he took out his phone. "Y/N, you must've seen the blog," you nodded at his statement. "And the one after that...?"

"What are you talking about?"

  "People suspect you being in a secret relationship with your Math teacher," he giggled as he gave you a glance of the referred article on his screen. Your cheeks went up an instant shade of red. Damn, you didn't even get detentions lately, why was this happening?

   "They're waiting for you to confess... or someone to disprove their theory." It made you furrow your brows.

  "The frickin' hell?! Imma' gonna sue them!!" You marched forward by a few fierce steps just to be stopped by Jungkook who grabbed your shoulders to stop and rear you towards the classroom that came by just next; your home room. Great, your own class. Where you could boil up all you wanted. A few students were still here as you entered the room. "What do they think they are? They can just spread rumors about anything?! They're so- ugh!"