36. Rush

You had a new theory in mind.

'What?'

The confused tone of Park Jimin rang through the phone and reached your ears, nearly muddling up your head. You bit your lip, collecting things you needed for work as you continued to ask him.

"Kim Taehyung," you breathed, anxious inside. "He works for Yoo Jaeseong-ssi, right?"

'Yes...'

It was like he was waiting for your explanation for the question you posed on him.

"So does Tae help him in his mafia related work?"

'Y/N, where did you get these thoughts from?' The elder asked, clearly annoyed at you. You sighed and stayed silent. You couldn't help it, getting more and more curious about the case was not what anyone wanted but still, you didn't hold back.

You just had the urge.

"I just... I dunno, there's so much going on! I dunno what to believe, who to trust," you let out another breath and stopped roaming around your room, standing in front of the mirror. You looked well-dressed and ready, but felt nowhere near that. You felt like you were a mess.

Where were these feelings coming from?

"Help me with this, Park Jimin!" You pleaded over the phone, a pout coming to form on your lips. "I dunno what to do."

'For now, just go to work, Y/N-ah. This all is not for you to get worried about.'

Your fake sulking came to a stop with a shout from downstairs, someone calling you to get down and attend to their request. Whoever it was, you knew that you had to hurry, but you couldn't hang up on Jimin like this. You needed to end on fair grounds with him.

Whatever that meant for this situation.

"I do not want to be left in the dark with this anymore," you tried to reason, but for Jimin it came out no more than an immature, stubborn whine. "I know I'm part of the case- and this whole mess, so why not let me know about it?"

'You already know enough-'

"I want to know more!"

A small pause. You could hear his breath hit the phone.

'Most times, love, ignorance is better than knowing. Letting curiosity get the best of you can harm you, and I can't risk that Y/N! I can't even get up to run and protect you, so please. Let everything be resolved. If the plan follows as required, and this mess is ended eventually, I promise to let you know everything. But for now, please don't get yourself in trouble.'

The part where he said 'love' stopped your heart for a moment. It made you stop and listen to him, every word of his sending an impact to you. You wanted nothing more than to run to his arms and call it a night, maybe watch movies and chat about random stuff, get to know him more, but did the situation allow you both to? You decided that you would do that by tonight.

Maybe the situation didn't allow you to do so, but you didn't understand the situation. And for now, for the sake of Jimin, you were starting to not care either.

This will all be resolved, you told yourself as you let a ghost of a smile hover over your lips. Things will get back to normal.

The confusion will clear.

The good will prevail.

Don't worry much.

'Don't worry at all,' your boyfriend reassured you, voice low, soothing. 'Go to work, think about uni. And then, maybe come back to me.'