18. Winter Break

"Where were you?!"

  You flinched. Guess it was true what they said: with everything good, there is always something bad. But did I mention Namjoon was going to publi-

Now was definitely not the time.

  You understood that this was only because of your safety, but you were already shaken from the incident that had occurred almost an hour ago and now this. You couldn't take it.

  Your father was standing before you, mad that you were late. Don't get it wrong, your father was a great person, but he was also a man of rules, values; they must not be broken.

Speaking of rules, you just broke one.

'Do not stay out till late, especially without informing.'

Oh, shiitake mushrooms.

  Now that you did that, you also had to face the wrath of your father. "I was at Park Jimin's house... had to stay overtime because Soohyun eonnie stopped me for dinner. I couldn't reject her," you lowered your gaze, lying. Usually, you would very carefully pick the time you would be back. The times you were late were also the times your parents weren't home either. And if it happened to be otherwise, you would simply call your mom to make a good enough excuse. But today was not one of those.

  "Ove-overtime!? You didn't even call or text- and why do you smell like alcohol?! Are you sure you were there?" He glared at you, so hard you were almost cowering under his gaze.

  "It's Taehyung, dad," you lied once again. "He had come home drunk so the smell probably got to me too."

  "Drunk? He was at a party?" You mom questioned you from the sofa she sat on. You glanced at her before answering. "Tae doesn't like partying. He was at work, his fellow workers might have forced him a drink as some celebration. He doesn't like drinking either."

  "That's not the point, Y/N!" Mr. Lee thundered. "You were out till late and without any contact-"

"I forgot to, I'm sorry."

  "Aish..." your dad held the bridge of his nose between his fingers. "Go to your room. I don't want to hear anything else."

  With your head still low, you nodded and made your way up the stairs. You locked the door once in your room and curled up in a ball on the bed after discarding your jacket. Dad's disappointed words rang through your ears.

And then, the dead body came into view.

  Your eyes that had just closed snapped open as your whole body jolted, as if hit by a shock. The next minute, your were trembling with fear on the sheets, no blink of sleep at all. You were tired, but just could get any slumber.

  Taking your phone from the side table, you quickly ran through your contacts and texted Jimin as an obligation.

You:
Jiminie...

Jiminie:
Are you okay? What happened??

You:
I'm so scared 😢

  There wasn't a quick reply at that, you had to wait a good two minutes before he started typing.

Jiminie:
Mwo? My brave little kitty is scared? How so? You're a brave girl, don't be scared. I'm here for you

You:
May I ask how old I am?