Chapter12: Declan

It's the last day of school and I'm cleaning out my locker. Some of this shit has to be King's or Miguel's stuff. I really could throw the whole locker away. It's nothing in here that I want.

"Bro, Jennifer Yates just invited us to her end of the year party tonight," King says as he leans against the locker on the side of me. "I know it's gonna be some girls from Carver High there, and you know all their girls are fine."

"Do you want anything out of this locker?" I ask him.

He looks around the door to peek into my locker. "Nope, but I think that stuff is Miguel's. You remember he could never get his locker to open so he had started using yours before they put a new lock on his."

I nod my head because I do remember that now he mentioned it. "Where is he at anyway?"

"Not sure. He told me earlier that Reagan wanted him to come over to her house today." King shrugs. "I'm sure you can trash all that."

Reagan is Miguel's new girlfriend. I don't care for her at all. She's so fucking messy. She had Jewel into it with some chic named Tabatha from Carver High; all because Jewel talked to some dude named Deshawn last year. Jewel didn't even know he had a girlfriend, and the crazy part of it all was his girlfriend wasn't even the Tabatha chic. Karma got all involved and wanted to fight Tabatha for talking shit. It was a big mess.

"So are we going?" King asks.

"Going where?" I ask, confused.

"To the party tonight."

"Bye King," says some girl walking down the hall, giggle with four other giggling girls.

"Must be freshman's," I think because I don't think I have ever seen them before. King gives them a two-finger salute before turning back to me with an expecting look.

"Sure I guess. I just need to see if Karma wants to go," I say grabbing an arm full of papers and other shit to dump in the trash barrel.

"Bro. You already know that hermit is not going to a party."

"Well, I'm still asking. I don't need no shit."

"Y'all act like an old fucking married couple." King rubs his hand down his chest. "All you have to do is tell the she-devil that you are the man and you are going to this party." He's pointing down at the floor. "I mean what is she gonna do?" He smirks.

"That's what you want me to say...to your sister?" I raise a brow.

"Hell yeah," he smirks.

"So you don't want me to go?"

King starts laughing. "She would fuck you up if you said that to her." He shakes his head. "Naw scratch that. Just go with your plan."

"Hey, King. Hey, Declan."

We both turn to the side and see Hannah Clay and Emily Reynolds standing on the side of me.

"Hey what's up," King responds. I just nod my greeting.

Hannah I have to admit is very attractive. She has the prettiest slanted gray eyes and an ass out of this world. She is in really good shape from working out for gymnastics and cheerleading. She mixed her dad is white and her mom is half Asian half African American. Karma and her do - not get along.

"So are y'all going to Jennifer's party?"

"Not sure yet. Declan has to ask his wife," King replies.

Hannah frowns and pokes out her bottom lip in a pout. "Y'all should come. It would be nice to see our star players interact with us. We are seniors now." She leans closer to me and rubs her finger down the front of my shirt. "Especially you."