Chapter 13: Karma

We are boarding Declan's dad's private jet. Declan's dad is flying us to Jamaica for two weeks. My grandmother is even coming.

We've been out of school for a little over a month in a half. Declan and King just got back from football camp, and my grandmother got me a summer job at the library. I haven't seen much of Jewel since the night of the party. She is always so busy with Clifton. Miguel got a summer job with the city doing yards. He likes it so much he's been discussing buying him some equipment to do yards outside of work.

"Bro, I can't believe we're going to Jamaica on a private plane," King says. "Declan's dad is fucking awesome."

"Right. I can't wait to see all the beautiful women," Miguel says rubbing his hands together. "I wish Jewel could have come." He smirks looking off.

"I tried to convince her to come but she wanted to stay with Cliff," I say. I think Jewel is avoiding Miguel. I'm not sure what happened between those two but whatever it was has pushed her under the ass more.

"Who would want to miss Jamaica?" King asks looking down at his phone. "Jewel is crazy."

Miguel gives me a weak smile. "Where is Declan," he asks.

"He's coming with his dad," King replies.

My grandma is riding with Uncle Jerome and his family. Declan's dad invited him to thank him for helping get Declan out of that mess with Drew. He even gave him a promotion making him the head of his department.

About ten minutes later Declan and his dad board the plane followed by my grandmother, Nakita, Uncle Jerome, and Aunt Renita.

Declan sits next to me. He grabs my hand after buckling his seat belt.

I look at Declan in his blue-green hooded eyes on his long heart-shaped face. That dimple in his chin like his dad is present. I always feel so small against his large 6'2 frame. He's shorter and stockier than King's 6'6 lean frame.

"I'm so scared," I whisper to Declan.

"Scared?" He gives me a quizzical look.

"Yes scared. I've never flown before," I whisper so only he can hear me.

"I got you, baby," he says smiling at me.

I lay my head on his shoulder. When the plane starts taking off I squeeze Declan's hand and he squeezes mine back.

                                           🏈

We arrived at Breathless Montego Bay & Resort & Spa. Everyone is sharing a room except Declan's dad and my grandma. I am being forced to share a room with Nakita.

Walking in our room, I think I just had a mini orgasm. The room has two queen beds, floor-to-ceiling glass doors that lead to a terrace with a whirlpool. There is a tablet to open the curtains, turn on lights, and order room service. The bathroom has a walk-in glass shower and the tub sits in front of the window. The sitting area is bigger than our living room with a round light-colored sofa, round glass top table, and extra-large chairs that match the sofa. The woods and colors in the room are beautiful.

"I could get used to this life," Nakita says, rolling her suitcase in the room.

I don't respond because I agree.

On our first day, we head to the Doctor's Cave Beach. The crystal-clear turquoise water is breathtaking. I'm wearing a pink ribbed bandeau bikini top with matching bottoms. Nakita is wearing a string bikini.

When she first walked out of the bathroom I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't believe that she was actually going to wear that, but then I remembered who I was staring at. Of course, Nikita would wear this - she's an attention seeker.