Chapter 24: Karma

My head snaps up from the book I'm reading on my phone to Miguel who is laughing and watching the video of the fight between Paisley and her friend. This morning he came over and played the video for King and me. He's watched the video about ten times. It lost it's funny after the second time.

"Bro Paisley is like a super freak. Fucking in the club boy she probably wild in bed," Miguel says to King. "She popped Declan pretty hard with the chair too." I smile a little at that part.

"Have you talked to him?" King asks, staring at me.

"No." I shake my head.

"I tried calling him this morning and didn't get an answer," Miguel tells us. "He's probably asleep. Looking at all the videos everyone seemed wasted."

"Yea, but you can tell he wasn't drunk," King states.

"I know but he was playing bodyguard to the drunk bunnies," Miguel says rewatching the video of Paisley fucking on camera. "We need to go out with them. I bet they have threesomes."

King smiles and fist bumps Miguel. I roll my eyes.

Knock knock

We look up at the door. My grandmother left about ten minutes ago, going to the store. King gets up and looks out the peephole.

"Speak of the devil," King says, opening the door.

Declan walks in with something on his wrist. I sit up from my relaxed position on the couch.

"Bro, what happened to your wrist?" King asks.

"I got hit with a chair."

"Daammmnnn Paisley fucked you up!" Miguel shouts.

"What's wrong with it?" King asks.

"It's nothing serious, just a bruised bone."

"Can you still play in the games?" King asks.

"Not for two weeks."

"That's fucked up dude," Miguel says.

"How did you know it was Paisley?"

"How else...we watched the video," Miguel smirks. "Why you didn't tell us rich girls were so wild we would have been hanging out with them."

Declan runs his hand down his face. "It's not worth the trouble."

"What did your dad have to say?" I ask Declan.

"Not much. He was going back and forth with Matthew most of the trip. Some of the parents were upset about the video and Elizabeth was trying to blame me."

"Blame you?" King frowns and glances between all of us. "How was any of that your fault?" King asks.

"She claims none of them acted like that before I went out with them." We all stare at Declan with frowns.

"That some bullshit...So you caused Paisley to fuck another dude in the club?" Miguel asks with his mouth twisted up.

"Paisley claims that she was upset that I was hanging with Mackenzie and was supposed to be her guest. She was so upset that she drank too much."

I burst out laughing, everyone turns and looks at me. Shaking my head I stand to go to the restroom.

"So what did your dad say to that shit?" Miguel asks.

"Not shit."

I get up and go into the bathroom to use it. When I finish and open the door Declan is standing outside waiting. He pushes me back in and steps into the bathroom.