Chapter 20: Declan

"I don't want maternity clothes. I can just put a rubber band on my jeans."

Rolling my eyes at her tantrum, I don't respond as I stand outside the dressing room door. We've been in this store for twenty minutes and all she has done is complain.

"She doesn't like any of those things?" The salesgirl asks.

I shake my head, giving her an apologizing smile.

The door opens to the dressing room and Karma comes out wearing a pair of skinny leg jeans.

"So..how does those work for you?" The salesgirl asks her.

"They don't." She pulls up her shirt. "I don't like this elastic band."

"So what are you going to do? Your jeans are too small?"

"I'm going to buy bigger jeans." She says smirking.

I look over at the salesgirl who is still standing next to me. I rub my hand down my face. Where are we getting these bigger jeans?"

She shrugs. "I don't know but I'm a little hungry. I only had crackers for lunch."

Turning to the salesgirl I thank her for her help. After Karma changes back into her clothes we head out of the store. I smirk to myself because Karma has been making sure to keep her hands in her jacket pockets ever since we got to the mall.

We order food from Chick fi la and find seats in the middle of the food court. I haven't asked her much about the pregnancy but I've been itching to know a few details.

"Do you feel movement?" I ask her as she takes a bite of her chicken sandwich.

She chews her food as she shakes her head no. "I read it could be anywhere between sixteen to twenty-five weeks and if it's your first it will be most likely twenty-five." She takes another bite of her sandwich.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" She shakes her head no. She doesn't elaborate, just pops a fry in her mouth.

"Have you been throwing up?"

She stops and gives me a disgusted look. "Declan I'm eating, can you stop with the interrogation." She takes another bite of her sandwich. I nod and start eating my food. Once we're both done I stand and grab our trash.

"I need to run to the bathroom."

"Ok I'll be standing by the escalator," I say. She nods and heads off to the bathroom. Walking over to the trash can, I throw away our trash. I walk over to the escalator and stand off to the side out of the way of people getting off and on. My eyes are scanning the crowd when I feel a tap on my shoulder, I turn and see Nakita standing behind me.

"Hey, Declan I haven't seen you in a while."

Frowning, I look around to see where Karma is. I do not want her to see me and this nut talking. "What do you want?"

"Can't I speak?" she asks, smiling this crazy-ass smile.

"No, you can't speak. I don't want you to speak ever again." I tell her glaring down at her.

She steps closer. "Don't be like that you can't still be mad about Jamaica?"

I step back not wanting to be too close. "Yes, I can and I am. You were the cause of me and Karma breaking up with the little stunt of yours."

"Declan you and she were never going to work. Y'all are just too different. You belong with someone like me." She says shrugging.

"Aren't you with Phillip? Why are you bothering me?"