Chapter 14

Adrian

What the fuck was that?

I stared at the open balcony door frozen in shock from what I just saw.

After gathering my senses I immediately mind-linked Thomas and told him to have our best trackers search for Bella starting in my room (because her scent changed) and told him to meet me in my office.

'Get dressed and go to your room. I have to deal with this' I told Elliana as I got up to get myself dressed.

'What was that Adrian? I've never seen anything like it before' Elliana inquired, making no attempt to get dressed.

'I'm not sure, but she's getting away, and right now we need to figure out what she is and bring her back. I'm meeting Thomas in my office and the trackers are on their way here, so you need to go now, and don't tell anyone about what she shifted into' I told her firmly.

'Fine' she huffed and got out of bed. I ignored her and proceeded to get dressed and made my way to my office.

'What the fuck is she Kain?' I asked.

'I don't know but I know she is powerful'

'Can you feel them through the bond?' I asked hoping that he felt some connection even though I couldn't.

'No, the moment her and her wolf accepted the rejection the connection was completely broken' he replied.

I arrived to my office shortly after. When I walked in, I saw Thomas looking out the window. He turned to me after I closed the door.

'What happened to the little bitch?' He asked.

'She fucking shifted into some humanoid wolf thing, broke out of The fucking Chair and escaped' I told him while pacing.

'The fuck do you mean humanoid wolf thing?'

'Exactly what the fuck it sounds like' I growled.

'We need to get her back to figure out what she is' he commented thoughtfully.

'I know, why do you think I told you to have the trackers find her?!'

'Yeah, but I didn't know she shifted, much less into something unknown'

'No one can know about her shifting into that thing. They need to think she shifted into a normal wolf and escaped. You need to make sure of that' I told him, letting my Alpha tone seep into every word.

'Yes Alpha' he said, bowing his submission.

We both fell into silence thinking of what to do next. I decided to get Kain's thoughts.

'I know you're just as clueless as I am about what she is, but what do you think?' I asked Kain.

'When Ezra, her wolf, and I recognized each other as mates, she knew I didn't want her, that I loved Elliana just as much as you do and I agree with you on your treatment of them. I expected to feel her pain through the bond, instead I felt disgust toward us and worry for Bella'

'So her wolf was already detached from us emotionally?' I confirmed.

'Yes, but there's more...'

'What do you mean? What else could there be?' I asked incredulously.

'I'm just guessing here but I think she's had Ezra for years' he replied.

'No fucking way! She couldn't have, if she did, how could we not have known?'

'The level of detachment and disgust she had for us couldn't have happened at first sight. If I'm right, then Bella kept Ezra hidden well' He stated somberly.