Chapter 24

Issabella

After Ezra was done cleaning up at the waterfall, she took us back to the cave. My mind remained focused on the blue rimmed grey eyed god-like man.

I was so engrossed in the memory of him, that I was unaware that we reached the cave until Ezra said something to me.

'Wait, what did you say?' I asked her.

She chuckled before stating, 'I said, I'm ready to hear what you have to say'

If I was in my human form, I know I would be blushing.

'Right, so...' Taking a mental sigh, I began.

'After I separated from you, I was lost in the void of my memories. Hopelessly recollecting everything that vile pack did to me, from the random beatings, to shoving my head in toilets, pushing me down hills, cutting me, the poisoning, and everything else in between. I was trapped, watching their actions over and over again. At times I even relived it. It made me hate them more Ezra. I was drifting further and further into the pit of malice and disgust, to the point I was drowning in it. I felt the hatred stain my soul, tainting it with its darkness, blackening it even more. I eventually realized this feeling is now a part of me. And I am not sure how to cope'

'I'm so sorry, Issa' Ezra started.

'No it's fine, there's more' I cut her off before continuing.

'After a while, I really don't know how long, but something in me stirred and...'

'And?' Ezra pushed gently after I trailed off and paused.

'I called to someone. I don't know how I knew to do it, or exactly how I did it, but I did. Then he came. I was able to see his body, for the most part. He was divine, sculpted like a god, with blonde hair that passed his shoulders. Unfortunately, I couldn't see his face clearly, due to being obscured by shadows, but his eyes, they weren't hidden whatsoever, so I was able to see them clearly. They were the most beautiful shade of grey, the outer rim was dark blue. They sparkled as they observed me, and I was stunned by their beauty. Everything about him radiated power, strength, deadliness. I could tell he was lethal, but I wasn't afraid. When I asked him who he was and why I was soothed by him, he said he was ours and he'll find us. He told me I shouldn't stay in the pit anymore, and forced my consciousness out. That's when I came to. I'm not sure how, but he was able to push me away from the void. The strange part is, I feel connected to him. More connected than with Adrian...' I finished.

Ezra was excited. I could feel her excitement in waves.

'Oh Issa! I'm so glad you can finally feel it!'

'Feel the connection? So you feel it too?' I asked.

'Yes! The connection that you feel is the mate bond, I think he's our true mate. The bond that binds us to him is stronger than the one that connected us to Adrian and Kain. I think this bond is what kept me from feeling the anguish of Adrian's treatment of us, and him sleeping with Elliana. When we accepted the rejection I was able to feel this bond stronger. It was no longer hampered by the bond of Adrian and Kain. I've been concentrating on this bond, and following it since our consciousness separated. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it has been guiding me. Leading me north. Then when I decided to rest for the night and went to sleep, I dreamt of us in a meadow. I think I called to him as well. I wasn't able to see him as clearly as you did, but he said something similar to me. He told me he'll find us' Ezra exclaimed, her happiness palpable.

'Do you think he'll hurt us like Adrian did?' I asked hesitantly.

I don't know if I would be able to handle being hurt by him. I don't know why, but I have a feeling he wouldn't hurt us.

'I don't think so, Issa. For some reason I trust him' Ezra replied.

'I feel the same way' I said, happy she feels the same.

We both fell silent afterwards, both of us lost in our own thoughts.

My mind drifted to Adrian and loathing filled me once more.

Adrian, you have tainted me, ruined my core beyond repair, aroused these terrible feelings within me, even though I've loved you for years.

You didn't deserve me or Ezra. I'm glad we're no longer bound to you.

Now that I know we have our true mate out there. I have a chance at happiness.

He's coming for us. He'll find us soon. Maybe his presence can help me with these unfamiliar feelings of hatred. Maybe he can help me heal the pain you've caused.

I hate you Adrian.