Chapter 17

Adrian

Those brown fucking eyes.

I allowed Kain to take over and search for her scent. He was like a wolf possessed needing to find her.

My thoughts kept going back to those brown fucking eyes. They're the color of whiskey, beautiful, rich, warm, light.

Those brown fucking eyes never lied. Her face was always stoic and aloof, but those whiskey colored eyes always betrayed her, they always showed how hurt she was, if one would just take the time to look.

When she was in the chair. I knew her seeing me mate and mark Elliana would break her. I thought it would've been enough to kill her wolf. Then when I looked into those whiskey eyes I saw bewilderment, disbelief, pain and then finally abhorrence.

The hatred that tainted the light in those brown fucking eyes moved me.

But why?

I hated the bitch, no matter how much her eyes pleaded. The bitch deserved it. Right?

She was the cause of all those lives being lost. Yes, she deserves everything I did. Right?

Then why do I feel so hallow? Why is there this ache inside my chest?

My mind then drifted to Elliana. My sweet, sweet Elliana.

Why the fuck did Bella have to be my mate? Why couldn't it be Elliana? How isn't my mate Elliana?

I've always felt a pull to Elliana, a need to protect her, care for her, comfort her.

Then those whiskey fucking eyes popped up again, commanding me to remember the look that I put there.

'She's gone Adrian. We'll have to regroup after your father gets home, we need to find out more about her and how she was able to get away that quickly' Kain said bringing me from my thoughts.

'Fine, let's go back' I told him. Without hesitation he took off in the direction of the pack house.

I felt a tug in my mind, someone was trying to link me.

'Adrian, Alpha Elliott is back. We're in his office with Luna Amelie and Dr. Logan waiting for you' Thomas stated.

'I'm on my way' I informed him and closed the link.

'We'll have some answers soon, come on Kain, I'll take over from here' I told him and felt him give me control mid stride.

I loved the feeling of being in wolf form. The freedom nature provides. I couldn't enjoy it now though. Now I had to hurry back and learn what Bella is.

And why her fucking eyes are now starting to haunt me.

Kain

Ezra. When Adrian and I saw Bella earlier, I couldn't believe that she was our mate. The force of the bond struck me immediately. But I didn't and couldn't love her, I love Elliana.

Don't I?

I never cared much for Bella, in fact I always enjoyed her torment. But when I felt Ezra's disgust I cringed.

However, it wasn't enough for me to intervene when Adrian decided to scrounge her.

It wasn't enough to stop us from deciding to mate and mark Elliana.

I expected to feel pain. I expected to feel Ezra's lifeforce drain. But it didn't. Ezra was angry at the pain we were causing Bella. I felt her power, her bitterness, her animosity, her bloodlust. She wanted to kill us. Her rage was palpable through the bond.