Chapter 30

Issabella

After realizing that Ana was abused, I decided to respect her wishes and not ask any more questions on why she was not with her coven or about her injuries.

At this point it is obvious to Ezra and I that part of why she left was due to someone or people's treatment of her.

While looking at her, I saw how reserved she was due to my question, therefore, I decided to let her know I will not pursue that line of questioning any further.

'I understand Ana. I'm sorry I brought it up. I won't pry anymore. But, I can help you heal though if you'd like'

'How?' she asked hesitantly.

'I'm a healer, that's why your mother was training me, so I can understand and learn how to use my powers' I told her.

She looked at me skeptically, before nodding her agreement.

Because I met her, and can see the results of her mistreatment, I'm glad I always practiced and memorized my spells, so I am prepared for situations like this.

I haven't healed anything other than animals in a long time, but I was confident that I would be able to heal her without issue.

I moved behind her her and placed my hands on her shoulders. She tensed initially but then relaxed.

I knew then that she trusted me.

Taking a deep breath, blocked out my surroundings and began focusing on her healing. Once I was successful at blocking everything, I began reciting the healing spell.

'Per virium robur mederi eu dearum' I chanted constantly as my hands began to glow with a white light.

I immediately felt power flow out of me and into her.

Instantaneously, the bruises began to heal.

As I continued chanting, I felt even more energy flow from me and into her body.

Normally, once a person or animal is completely healed, my power will automatically slow down then stop flowing, indicating their body has been restored to its pre-damaged state. However, even after the bruises have disappeared, the flow of power still didn't stop.

'She has a lot of internal damage as well' Ezra said as a few minutes went by.

That explains why energy is still pouring out of me.

This poor girl, maybe we have more in common than I thought.

About fifteen minutes later, the glow surrounding my hands began to dim before disappearing, and power stopped flowing from me.

I ceased my chanting then and removed my hands from her shoulders. I felt proud knowing her healing was finally complete.

I was a bit tired after the fact, but knowing I was able to help her brought me immense joy.

This is what I was made to do, before they tainted me.

Before I could slip back into my feelings of hatred for that despicable pack, Ana got up and looked at me in awe.

'That was amazing Issa! I didn't know you could do that!' She said jumping with excitement.

Her reaction made me want to smile, but because of that retched pack, I have had to keep my emotions hidden for so long it is almost impossible for me to show any emotion at all now. However, I knew my happiness shone through my eyes.

'I'm glad I could help' I said.

She looked at me from head to toe then. Studying me briefly before speaking.

'You need some rest. You can go in the tent, it's big enough for both of us. Rest a bit and I'll make us something to eat' she told me while taking my hand and guiding me to the entrance of the tent.

I chose not to argue against it. I was drained after all.

'Thank you' I said to her.

'It's the least I can do, I haven't felt this good is years!'  She said to me eagerly.

'I'm really happy I could help you, but you don't have to do this' I told her.

'Nonsense, Issa! You've healed me better than any other healer or potion ever could! It's the least I can do. Besides, I can tell healing me has exhausted you, and you need your strength, so please take a nap and let me do this for you' she stated before turning away to gather everything she needs from inside the tent for our meal.

I was touched by her care toward me, so I finally acquiesced.

Once she gathered everything she needed she left the tent and went on her way to prepare our fare.

I entered afterwards and was pleasantly surprised that she was correct about there being enough room for both of us.

The tent was nearly arranged, and located in the center was a cot big enough to hold two or three people comfortably.

I made my way to the cot and got comfortable.

Once I  laid down and was relaxed, exhaustion instantly took a hold of me and I felt the need to sleep.

My mind immediately went to the man on the other side of the bond and those grey eyes that enthralled me.

Come to us. I called to him again.

Shortly thereafter, I was pulled into unconsciousness.