Chapter 56

Issabella

'My loves, I'm a primordial. One of the five original vampires'

I sat in shock, I knew my eyes widened a fraction before my face returned to its usual emotionless mask. I felt that Ezra was not as shocked as I was, if anything she didn't seem surprised at all.

Lex observed my reaction, taking in the details of my face before continuing.

'My brothers and I were created not born. Helios, our creator, made an agreement with the other gods for our purpose before this realm and all of its original inhabitants were made.

'When created we were tasked with managing the population, ensuring no specie became too numerous, and in turn, we are immortals, true immortals'

'What does it mean to be a true immortal?'

'It means we cannot die, other vampires can be killed by decapitation, their heart being torn out, being burned, etcetera, however, that's not the case with us'

He sighed and his eyes wondered over my face. Trying to decipher my reaction to what he's said and will say.

'Please continue Lex' I encouraged.

'After some time, Helios took pity upon us for not being able to experience the mate bond, the soul deep connection to another as some of the inhabitants of this realm could.

'He wanted us to experience the mate bond, but because we were made with a complete but dark soul, he amended us but with a stipulation. You see, the only way for us to experience the full effect of the bond would be to give part of our darkness in exchange for part of our mate's light.

'It does not change who we are fundamentally, yet, due to this sharing of souls, the connection we have is stronger than those of normal mates.

'In return for this gift however, after we bond with our mates, their blood would be the only one we crave, only their blood would truly satisfy our thirst.

'Nevertheless, in all of my brothers and I's existence none of us has had a mate, until now; that I have you both. You are both my light Issa and Ezra, the light to the unending darkness that resides within my soul ' he finished.

'And how will the exchange of our souls be done?' I asked him.

I watched as his cheeks gained a bit of pinkness, before he proceeded to explain, 'When we make love, both you and Ezra's consciousness will need to be at the forefront, then we will mark each other while we climax, and exchange blood immediately afterwards. The process will be painful and draining to you both, as you'll both be made immortal as well'

'How painful will it be? How will we become immortal? Will becoming immortal change Ezra? Will we also need blood like you do?' I asked as I tried to wrap my mind around the information given.

'I will be with you both the entire time, I swear it. Ezra won't change much. Both of your powers and strength will increase, but no real change from what you both are. And you both will require blood in addition to what you would normally eat, even when Ezra hunts. However, you will drink from me as only my blood will satiate you' Lex informed before looking at my plate.

'This is a lot of information to take in, why don't you finish eating? We'll arrive home shortly' he encouraged taking a bite of his own food in an attempt to get me to continue eating.

I ate as requested, but my mind was elsewhere. I wasn't able to focus on the food in front of me.

'Ezra, how do you feel about this information?' I asked, curious about her opinion.

'I have no issues with what he said and the process. If anything, I'm curious about feeding from him'

'Why are you curious about that?' I questioned as I continued to eat.

'I wonder if feeding from him will be as sensual as him feeding from us' she stated, her voice growing husky with the implication of her words.

I did a mental eye roll at her before I placed my fork down unable to eat anymore. Seeing that I was finished, Lex placed his fork down as well and came next to me opening the window shutter. He then proceeded to pick me up and place me on his lap, before planting a gentle kiss to my temple.

Looking out, I saw that we were approaching a large island surrounded by water, that stands in the center of the continents. The scene is beautiful, and I felt Ezra come forward to observe with me. I can feel her contentment at our position, forcing a purr to raise from our chest.

'If I didn't see Ezra's form, I would've assumed you were a feline' Lex teased.

'Oh hush, you make us comfortable, we can't help it' I blushed and replied with a pout.

He chucked then turned my face to him and kissed my pouting lips. 'You're too adorable my loves'

Seeing his amusement, I returned my attention to outside trying to hide my reddened cheeks.

Suddenly, a well dressed attendant came from the front of the craft. She seemed to be in her thirties and had an air of professionalism. Bowing to Lex then myself, she began speaking to Lex.

'My lord, we will be landing in fifteen minutes the pilot is requesting that we prepare for landing' she then proceeded to remove the food trays and disappearing from view.

Well, there's no turning back now. I thought to myself as my insides twisted with anxiety.

'We'll be fine Issa, stop worrying' Ezra told me sensing my apprehension.

Apparently Lex did as well, because he held me closer, and kissed the shell of my ear. 'Don't worry love, you'll both be safe, I swear it' he told me before turning my face to him and again kissing my lips. The kiss was comforting and I melted into it.
Once we separated I rested my head on his chest.

Please be right, I thought as I felt the aircraft descend.