Chapter 33

Issabella

I felt someone tapping my shoulder and realized it was Ana.

'Sorry for waking you Issa, but the food is ready. I hope you like it. After you eat, I have a few pails of water you can use to clean up. I also have another dress for when you're done'

'Thank you so much Ana, you really didn't have to do this' I said to her.

'It's my pleasure Issa. Also, if you'd like you can stay the night here, if you're comfortable with doing that of course. I know we don't know each other well, so I understand if you don't, but the cot is big enough...' she rambled.

'Ana, it's fine. I'll stay here the night, I plan to continue my travels tomorrow' I said stopping her rambling.

She really is a sweet girl.

'Great! Well come on!' she said while pulling me out of the tent.

'Do you want me to help?' I asked when we were back outside.

'Nope! Just go sit over there, I'll bring it to you' she stated pointing to the log across from the fire.

I did as instructed and waited for her.

I watched as she took two bowls and filled them before making her way to me.

Whatever it was smelled delicious.

'I hope you like vegetable stew' she said handing me a bowl and a spoon.

'I do, thank you. It smells mouthwatering' I told her.

She smiled at me then sat on the opposite end of the log, and began to eat.

We fell into a comfortable silence, both of us enjoying our meal.

After a while we both finished. She then stood up and went to the tent, when she came back she had two cups filled with juice and handed one to me.

'Thank you so much, Ana it was amazing' I said after my cup was empty.

I saw her smile brightly at me, 'No problem!'

'The pails are behind that tree' she stated pointing to a tree behind the tent.

'I'll go get the dress and some soap' she told me before going inside the tent again.

She came back with a plain white dress and a soap bar.

'Thank you, I told her before going in the direction of the pail.

'When we find Lex, we should come back for her, for some reason I feel attached to her, in a sisterly way' I said to Ezra.

'Yes I agree. I feel it too. I can scent mark her if she is okay with it, that way when we come back, we can locate her no matter where she is' she replied.

'How do you scent mark her? Rub yourself against her?' I asked.

Ezra chuckled before explaining, 'No, that's how normal wolves scent mark, I will sniff her scent glands, then she will make a small incision over the gland which I will also scent, until it's imprinted in my psyche. That way I'll always be able to scent her'

'Is that something you learned from your previous life?'

'Yes, it is. One of the perks of being a guardian' she said beaming with pride.

I shook my head at her and went to the pail, and began to clean myself.

Once I was clean I dressed myself. I felt refreshed, but still a bit tired.

Disposing of the water in the pails and gathering my soiled clothes and soap, I made my way back to the tent.

When I was got inside, I saw Ana on the bed reading a book. She marked her page then looked at me smiling.

'How do you feel?' she inquired.

'Good, thank you' I replied.

Deciding there was no time like the present, I decided to tell her of Ezra and I's plan.

'Ana, tomorrow we will be traveling to find our true mate. When we find him, I would like to come back for you and take you with us so you can be somewhere safe. I know it may seem strange but Ezra and I feel a connection to you, like a sisterly connection and we want you to be safe' I said to her.

'I would love to stay with you, I felt the same type of connection with both of you as well, but how would you find me if I have to leave here?'

'Ezra will scent mark you. Not in the way normal wolves do, instead she will
will sniff your scent glands. You will need make a small incision over the gland which she will also scent, until it's imprinted in her psyche. That way we'll be able to find you no matter what' I explained.

'What kind of wolf are you? How are you able to do that?' she asked curiously.

Feeling and knowing Ana wouldn't betray our trust, I decided to tell her a little about Ezra.

'Ezra was one of the moon goddess' guardian wolves before being sent here, being reborn and becoming one with me. We share the same soul but with two minds, that inhabit both forms. We can also merge our consciousness together becoming one being' I explained.

'You mean, you're a lycan?' She asked stunned.

'I guess' I stated nonchalantly.

'That's amazing! I thought they were just myths, but here I have a sister that's a lycan!' she screamed excitedly.

I chucked before asking, 'So can Ezra scent mark you?'

'Yep! Let's go!' She said pulling me out of the tent with her.

Once we were outside she grabbed a knife.

'Okay, I'm ready!' she exclaimed.

'I'll be right back, we have to be in wolf form' I explained before going behind a tree. Once I was sufficiently hidden, I changed out of the dress, folded it neatly and shifted to our wolf form.

After the shift was complete, I allowed Ezra to take control. She shook out our fur and went back to Ana.

Ana stood still, allowing Ezra to scent her scent glands. The process took a few minutes, after which Ezra prompted Ana to make the incision, by putting our snout on her hand which held the knife.

Ana understood and did as prompted. After the incision was made, Ezra again scented the wound, until the scent was ingrained into her mind.

Afterwards, we went back behind the tree where we left the dress and shifted. Ezra gave back control and I donned the dress before heading back to Ana.

Once in front of her, I immediately put my hand on the wound began chanting the spell, successfully healing the wound.

Feeling even more tired, I involuntarily yawned.

'Go get some sleep Issa, you need your rest for tomorrow's travels' Ana told me  while pushing me inside the tent.

I did as instructed and laid in the same place on the cot that I was before.

Shortly thereafter I was sucked into the abyss of a dreamless sleep.