Chapter 35

Adrian

My mind is made up. I've never been more sure of anything in my entire life.

It is now obvious to me, and I know I should have realized sooner.

I have to challenge my father for the Alpha title.

He instructed me to abuse my mate. He ordered me to kill her wolf.

I admit, I allowed what he said to cloud my judgment. I allowed his words to twist my mind, instead of listening to my heart–the same heart that now longs for her, only her.

Thinking back now, how could she have caused their deaths? She was twelve, unable to shift, and couldn't fight her attackers.

We punished her for being a defenseless child.

I am ashamed of myself.

When I get her back, I will make the entire pack beg for her forgiveness. They will all grovel at her feet if she wishes it.

And once I have gained her trust, her respect, and her love, I will make her my Luna.

She will show them how strong she is, how perfect she is for the position.

But before I do anything, I have to break this bond with Elliana. It will hurt, but I will endure all the pain I must in order to get what was rightfully mine—my Bella.

I know I don't love Elliana anymore, in fact, the more I remember, the more I see, she couldn't have been the one for me.

I always thought Elliana was what I needed.

She was always there for me, yes. And her presence indeed brought me comfort, but never peace.

She was always willing to do whatever I asked, always so eager to please me, but outside of her body and her willingness to do whatever I asked of her, nothing else remained.

Looking back, I realized that beneath the unwarranted hatred I thought I felt towards my Bella, was peace whenever I was in her presence.

Was that why I always stayed close, watching everything they did?

I thought the satisfaction was from her pain, was it in fact her presence?

There's no turning back now, I refuse to be bound to Elliana any longer.

My mind was made up the moment those whiskey brown eyes looked at me with disgust after accepting the rejection.

Those expressive whiskey brown eyes.

Those eyes that always told what she felt.

Those brown eyes that always betrayed her, showing everything she no longer could.

All because of me.

Those brown fucking eyes always sucked me in.

Now she's all I can think about.

Shifting back, I redressed and made my way back to the pack house. Lost in my thoughts of my beautiful Bella.

I'm going to find a way to break the bond between Elliana and I.

And now it's time for me to tell her.

I headed to my room to take a shower before finding Elliana.

I ignored the stares of the pack members, I heard a few of them direct questions toward me, however I didn't listen.

My sole focus right now is just taking my shower and getting this talk with Elliana out of the way.

When I finally reached my room, I entered and saw Elliana on my bed.

She has been crying. Her beautiful face marred by tears.

I disregarded her presence and made my way to my bathroom. I don't want to deal with her before my shower. I need to prepare for this talk with her.

I wasn't moved by her tears anymore, nor did it pull on my heart strings.

I feel bad for her, I genuinely do.

She has loved me since her adolescence, and I know my treatment of her since Bella left has been less that great, but I couldn't help it.

I saw her for what she was. She took pure pleasure in torturing my mate.

I realize now that Elliana always resented Bella.

Even before I instructed everyone to ignore her, Elliana ignored her.

After the night of the attack, she became cruel and sadistic. Often times demanding sex after torturing my Bella, sometimes even with Bella's blood on her hands.

I thought maybe she had an adrenaline rush every time, but now, I know better. She was aroused by Bella's pain.

I shivered with repulsion.

After finishing my shower, I quickly dried myself, put on some underwear,  and went to my room.

When Elliana saw me exit, she looked at me. Her eyes red and puffy.

'Adrian?' she called.

I ignored her again. And continued to my closet needing to get dressed, I don't want to give her any ideas.

When I reached my closet, I grabbed some pants and dress shirt, then got dressed.

Time to do this.

I went over to my bed and sat at the foot of it, diagonally across from her. I wanted to be as far away as possible but still within the same space.

I looked her in here eyes and took a deep breath before speaking the words I knew would shatter her heart.

'I'm breaking the bond with you Elliana'

A/N Elliana up top ^_^