Chapter 2

Issabella

As I walked inside the house, I realized that the rest of the pack was starting to get ready for their day. I hurried through, rushing to get to my room before I am seen by anyone. I didn't want their attacks to begin this early. I needed time to prepare myself for it.

I went to my room and went straight to the shower, sitting on the shower floor, I allowed the hot water to pour over my aching body.

'Only a few more days until he recognizes us' Ezra said to me, her voice filled with hope.

She always assumed that once he recognizes us as his mate, things will change. Her optimism constantly fills me up. It gave me the courage I need to face the daily torture, while giving me the durability to not have it taint the core of who I am.

'I know Ezra, I just hope he accepts us' I said to her, knowing that because of who I am, rejection is a possibility.

'He will Issa, he will love us' Ezra insisted but I can hear the hesitancy in her voice.

I didn't respond, I just sat there letting my mind drift to him again.

Is Ezra right? Will he really accept me? Will he love me? Will those eyes finally look at me with adoration? Will I finally know what it feels like to have his arms around me?

After sitting for another thirty minutes, I decided it was time to end my musing and begin my day. Standing up and feeling my body protest the movement, I turn off the shower and step out.

'We'll be okay' Ezra whispered as I dried myself.

'I know we'll get through this Ezra, you are strong, therefore, you make me strong' I told her.

'You're strong Issa, that's how you remained true to who you are' she said.

I sighed at her words but couldn't respond. I didn't believe her. I am not strong, if she wasn't with me, surely I would have killed myself already. Perhaps that's why the Moon Goddess gave her to me so young, so that I can live.

Before I got dressed, I looked at myself in the mirror, taking in the sight before me. I know I am pretty, no matter how many times they've told me otherwise. Yet their mistreatments have taken it's toll on me. My once vibrant light brown eyes is now dull and lifeless, surrounded by bags and dark shadows, the proof of my insomnia. My unruly curly black hair fell around my shoulders. My skin littered with bruises, and scars. Normally wolves don't scar, unless they are wounded by silver, and since most of my wounds were inflicted with silver, I bear the scars.

Feeling dejected with what I saw, I decided to get dressed. I always make sure my clothing covers my bruises and scars so Alpha Elliot and Luna Amelie are kept unaware of my treatment. After putting my hair in a bun, I left my room and head to the library. With hurried steps, I made my way across the pack house staying close to the walls.

As I was walking, I smelled him. He was close. My heartbeat quickened, my breaths became shallow. I didn't see him though, perhaps he was in one of the rooms. Still, that didn't calm my body's reaction.

Why is it just being in his vicinity causes my body to react this way, even without seeing him? Will I have the same effect on him? Will he feel the magnetic pull that I do, demanding I be as close to him as possible? Will he give in to the pull?

Taking one last look around my surroundings and still not seeing him, I decided to continue to the library. Once there I go toward my chair. I placed it at the back, in the corner, out of the view of anyone who enters. It is my space here. My comfort zone. The only place where I can allow myself to be absorbed in my books and not worry about someone sneaking up on me.

When I reached my chair, I sat down and began to study. My hope is to become a healer for the pack. Working closely with the pack doctors to ensure the safety of our members. That's all I've wanted to do for as long as I could remember. My parents always encouraged this by getting me spell books, hiring witches to train me, albeit secretly, and helping me start the garden which I use to grow most of the ingredients for my potions.

Once I remembered them, I stopped seeing the words in my book. Their faces, their smiles, their love was all I saw as memory after memory played before my eyes. I don't know how long I sat staring not seeing the words, but I was too entranced by my memories to hear the library door open.

'He's here' Ezra said, excited yet apprehensive.

My head snapped up at her words, and I see him walking toward me. I took a deep breath, inhaling his scent my eyes almost closing from the delectable aroma. His scent was that of rain and flowers, it made Ezra wag her tail in delight. What will I smell like to him? I wondered while looking at him.

What does he want with me now? I said to myself after the initial effects of his scent wore off.

'We can make it through, Issa. And then in a few days, we'll never have to worry about it again' Ezra stated.

There was no way for me to escape without going past him, and knowing him, he wouldn't just let me go. Fear started to take hold of me.

He was captivating, his presence held me hostage. I could only sit and stare at his beauty. I drank him in, he was so exquisite.

I was brought out of my thoughts when he stood in front of me. I looked at him, my eyes raking up his body until they met his.

I almost flinched at the malice I saw in them, yet I couldn't help myself as I breathed his name.

'Adrian'