Chapter 25

Issabella

I was brought out of my musings when Ezra trotted over to the entrance of the cave, and began staring out at the sky. I can tell she was deep in thought, but I could sense her optimism and knew she was thinking of our mate.

I wonder what he is like. Would he still love me even though I'm tainted? Would he still want me after learning what I've been through? Would I be able to find peace with him, even with all this pain?

I know you're hurt my darling, but I promise; when I find you, I will take away your pain. His words echoed through my mind once more.

They immediately put me at ease. Adrian corrupted my trust and left it shattered.

I thought Ezra would be the only being I could ever trust, but maybe, just maybe, he can heal my broken heart.

This is my last hope, so this one last time, I'll try to trust.

I hope it's not in vain.

A short while later, I decided to ask Ezra, 'Do you think we are closer to finding him? Also, how can I feel the bond the way you do?'

'Yes, I think we are closer. But I am not sure exactly how close we are. Thankfully, because he is also trying to find us, we just have to follow where the bond leads us, and we'll eventually find him. Now as for feeling the bond the way I do, just focus on it, tune everything else out and focus on it and him. You will feel the humming of it' she replied.

I did as she said and concentrated on the bond and the person at the other of it. My heart began to race as I managed to feel it. Soul deep, the threads of it pulling me to the other part of my soul—to him. It was like a magnet, urging me to get closer to him, needing to be closer to finally be complete.

'I feel it Ezra' I stated brimming with excitement.

'Perfect, that pull is what we will follow after we find the witch and rest some more' she responded happily.

'Okay, also, how is our healing progressing? Are we almost done?' I asked Ezra.

While I am aware of what we are doing, Ezra is in control. And I am keeping myself disassociated from our body. I don't want to feel yet, I don't want the physical sensations to throw me back into the abyss of memories.

'Our injuries have healed, for the most part, but we are still not back to normal. I sped up the healing process, which was accelerated even more because of our other form, however our  muscles are still tender and sore from everything they did' Ezra spat the last part with disgust.

'I understand, is that why you wanted to rest some more?' I inquired.

'Yes, when we resume following the pull of the bond, I want us to be rested enough'

'Okay, do you think we should travel in our other form? Would it be faster?' I asked.

'Yes, it would be faster, but I don't think we can' she responded.

'Why?'

'We shifted into that form after what he did. After our core was tainted. Your hatred and disgust combined with my anger and contempt broke down the barrier that separates us into two different beings. Therefore, our emotional state caused our consciousness to merge, resulting in that form. I'm not sure how we can master our merging without the associated feelings, before following the bond' Ezra explained.

'Oh okay, I understand'

'We can practice whenever we have time, but until then, I'd like for us to keep following the pull' she said.

'I agree, we can practice whenever we stop to rest, but I would like to master it sooner rather than later' I told her.

'I agree, now, we need to go find the witch. I want to know if we're being followed'

'Okay, do you need me to take over?' I asked hoping she would say no.

'No it's fine. For now I will try to find them. When I do, you can take over or you can come to the forefront while I question them, and if you have any questions you'd like to ask, I can ask for you. Does that work for you?'

'That's perfect, I don't want to feel anything right now. Thank you so much, Ezra' I stated, gratefulness evident in my tone.

'Anytime, Issa. We are in this together forever and always'

With that, Ezra left the cave, entering her huntress mode to find the witch.

I, on the other hand retreated into my thoughts, concentrating on the bond.

I'm so glad you're out there, mate. We'll be together soon.