Chapter 45

Alexei

We played for hours, alternating between predator and prey.

By the end, I knew my Ezra was skilled, she is one of the best hunters I've ever seen, regardless of specie—all while she was holding back.

I could tell she was only using a small fraction of her capabilities.

I couldn't be more proud.

Ezra shifted back to their human form and we made our way back to the cabin.

'Why don't you take a shower and return to settle in for bed, my sweet' I told her once we were inside.

She nodded then came over to me. 'Thank you for tonight Lex. It was fun. I hope you liked it as well' she said whispering the last part, but I heard her clearly.

'Yes I did, love. And I know you already know this, but you are spectacular. I can tell you're an excellent huntress. I'd love to watch you hunt real prey soon'

A slight blush tinted her cheeks at my words before she said, 'You're quite amazing yourself'

She then came in front of me and pulled me down by the neck before kissing my cheek. It was a sweet lingering kiss that filled my senses with them. Their scent was incredible, it made me wonder how their blood would taste. At this proximity I can smell it's intoxicating aroma, it called to me, beckoning me to have my fill. But I knew I couldn't. Not yet, not until I make them mine.

She pulled away much to my dismay before grabbing the nightgown and undergarments I brought for them.

'Lex, how did you know our size? Everything fits perfectly and the scents are some of Issa and I's favorite. How did you know?'

I smiled at her, 'I'll tell you both one day, love. Now you both need to rest'
She yawned cutely then.

I made my way over to her and kissed the top of her head. 'Go on love, I'll shower in one of the other cabins. I'll be back before you know it'

She nodded and went inside the bathroom, taking everything she needed with her. I waited until I heard the shower start before going to Iyan's cabin. It was the closest.

I'll have them rest tonight, then tomorrow we'll make our way back to my—no our home.

Then I can finally begin to get to know them better, help them heal, then when the time is right make them wholly mine.

I imagined Issa's beautiful face morphed in pleasure as those marvelous amber eyes staring back at me with lust and love before switching to silver letting me know that Ezra was in control.

I had to shake my head of my lascivious thoughts.

When they're ready, I'll make them mine.

Issabella

'I'm glad you enjoyed yourself tonight Ezra' I told her after she gave me control and I stepped in the shower.

'It was fun! I haven't had that much fun in ages. He is skilled, I'm impressed'

'I'm going to take a page out of your book and say, 'he's our mate—he's worthy of us' I mocked.

She chuckled, 'Yes he is. You're a powerful witch Issa, and I'm Neoma's chief guardian, once we reach our full potential, who knows how powerful we could be. Lex is strong enough to stand beside us. And as you pointed out—he is worthy of us. Of our love, our trust, of our heart. Give him a chance Issa. I want to, but not without you. Let him in, so we can be happy'

'I will Ezra, it'll be hard but I will'

'Tomorrow I want you to spend the day with him, and get to know him more. Try to open up to him, I'll be at the forefront with you like you were earlier'

'Yes, mother' I joked before finishing my shower.

After getting out I applied the lotion on my body and put on the nightgown. I sighed contently before making my way out of the bathroom.

I glanced to the bed intending to make my way over before I stopped in my tracks. Sitting one one side of the bed was Lex, shirtless and wearing pajama pants that matched the color of my nightgown.

 Sitting one one side of the bed was Lex, shirtless and wearing pajama pants that matched the color of my nightgown

He looked mouthwatering.

'And he's all ours' Ezra purred.

I nodded absentmindedly at her comment just as he stood up but even that couldn't break me from my trance.

When he reached in front of me, he gently closed my gaping mouth. My face heated immediately with my embarrassment.

He chuckled before placing a hand around my waist and the other under my knees picking me up.

'I belong to both of you, and I'm going nowhere' he said before gently laying me down and covering me before going to the other side and doing the same.

After he was settled he pulled me to him, cradling my head on his chest.

His body enveloped my smaller form perfectly.

'Goodnight Lex' I whispered barely stifling a yawn.

'Sweet dreams angels' I heard him whisper before he kissed my head.

Before succumbing to the blackness one resolute thought crossed Ezra and I's mind at the same time.

He is OURS!