Chapter 26

Adrian

I felt like I was floating, my mind not tied to anything except Kain, and I was surrounded by nothingness.

'What's going on Kain? Where are we' I asked.

'I think we may be dreaming, for some reason both of us are on the same plane' he responded.

Almost immediately after his statement, a scene started to play before my eyes. At this I realized he was right, we must be dreaming. However, this felt familiar, more like a memory than a dream. A memory I didn't want to remember but was forced to watch, nonetheless. And I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything as it played out.

I walked into the kitchen, planning to grab a snack before heading back to training. Elliana was there apparently yelling at someone, as I got closer I realized the person was Bella.

'You stupid bitch, why the fuck are you even in here? Who the fuck told you you can eat outside of when the pack has meals?' Elliana yelled at Bella.

Bella's face was blank but when I walked in, her eyes shifted to me. She still remained expressionless but those big brown eyes was beckoning me to help.

Elliana must have seen Bella look past her, because she turned around immediately and came to me.

'Adrian, the pathetic fuck was trying to sneak and get some food, tell her she isn't allowed to eat outside of the meals served to the pack' Elliana said, batting her lashes trying to seem more innocent than she is.

'The fuck are you doing, cunt?' I demanded of Bella.

'I didn't eat yesterday or this morning. I just wanted to get something to hold me until dinner time' she responded with a small voice. Her eyes downcast, probably knowing I will always side with Elliana.

'Look bitch you know the rules, you're not allowed to eat outside of the pack breakfast and dinner' I yelled at her. Her body flinched slightly, but her face remained devoid of emotions.

'I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again' she murmured softly.

'That won't do' I replied, my tone sinister.

I then whispered to Elliana, 'Baby, teach this bitch a lesson'

As I watched the scene unfold, I wanted to stop her, to tell Elliana not to hurt her, but alas, I was paralyzed. Unable to move or speak, just watch.

Elliana removed a knife from a drawer and stalked to Bella with a wicked smile on her face, it was obvious that she truly enjoyed inflicting pain on Bella. She was able to relish in her sadistic side, without restraint. As she made her way my dream form watched, completely amused.

Elliana then stabbed her in the side, and when she fell kicked her continuously. I heard Bella whimper as each kick connected with her body, but she still managed to keep her face without expression.

After finishing her abuse, Elliana walked over to me and asked giddily, 'Was that okay?'

'Yes it was my sweet, now come. We need to finish training' I said before planting a kiss on her lips.

Bella watched us walk away. Tears spilling from those expressive brown eyes. So much anguish was in her gaze.

I looked on as my heart clenched painfully. Kain howled in pain at the scene. I felt disgusted with myself. This is just one of the things I had done to my beautiful mate.

'I hope you can forgive me' I said as I watched her get up and remove the blade.

'I'll make it up to you, I swear' I said to her before the dream shifted and began to dissolve.

My sweet Bella, what the fuck have I done to you?

Immediately thereafter, I awoke, and realized that I was not in my room, but in Bella's room.

Her scent comforted me, and though I was calmed by it, it did nothing to lessen the guilt, nor the disgust I felt.

I have to find you, when I do, I'll beg for your forgiveness and for another chance to be the mate you need. I promised her, my eyes glistening with unshed tears.

In order for me to be her mate again, I'll have to find a way to undo the bond with Elliana.

At the thought of Elliana, I felt like a veil was lifted from my eyes, and I finally saw her for the sadistic, whiny bitch she is.

Why the fuck did I think she could be my mate?

Then I remembered the need I felt to protect her, and care for her.

I have to ask Marcellus why I felt that way towards her, even though she isn't my mate.

With that I made my way back to my room, I needed to get ready to see my father and get this meeting over with so we can find my Bella.

And when I find you Bella, I'll never let you go again.

Elliana

When Adrian came back into the room, he looked miserable. Maybe not sleeping with me now that we are finally mated messed up his mood.

But the further into the room he came the less he seemed to know or care that I was there.

I planned on talking to him, to help him cheer up. But he completely disregarded me and was headed to the bathroom.

'Adrian?' I asked as sweet as I possibly could, even though I was hurt by the way he was treating me.

'What is it Elliana?' He replied, annoyance evident in his tone.

I went over to him, planning on seducing him. Until I smelled the bitch on him. It hurts because he is supposed to be mine.

'Where were you? Why do you smell like that bitch?' I asked, the hurt I feel causing tears to gather in my eyes. I let a few fall so he can see how much this is hurting me.

He in turned growled, 'Don't fucking talk about her that way ever again'

I flinched at his tone, and shied back. But I refused to give up.

He's mine now. We're mated for fucks sake.

'Adrian, I'm your mate, you didn't spend our first night together as mates with me. Then when you come back, you look miserable and you smell like that pathetic cunt, I am just trying to understand Adrian, I want to help you' I whispered to him.

He released a frustrated sigh.

'Do NOT speak of her negatively again, Elliana. Her name is Bella, use it. And as for why I smell like her, that is none of your concern. Now, I have to get ready for a meeting about finding her. When it is done, I need time and space to think, so I won't be back for a bit' he stated and went into the bathroom.

Why the fuck does he want me to call her Bella now? What the fuck changed?